Banner contest!! win $50!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
high priced software?

please

kazaa ownz you

hey B, just a quick addition... i think that when the poll is given, the author's name/HS name should not be given... although it would not affect me, i believe that giving the author's 'name' may skew their poll results... just a suggestion.

agreed..... voting should be based strictly on the picture not on who made the picture

yup=- voting was palnned to be anoymnous. but im sure it will leak out "y0! i'm #3, vote for me"

Up to 3 submissions so far! keep 'em coming!

got two questions -

1. What exactly does, the banner need to say? I assume hondaswap.com?

2. You only own the rights to the submissions if you pay for one of them, correct?

1- whatever you want. some kind of logo, picture, etc...

2- no. if you send it to me, its mine. that's the rule of the game here. I don't want to have some stupid lawsuit come up for no good reason. If you don't want to give up rights, don't submit.
You will be credited as the winner in the forum.

And a NEW rule i should add--- winning banner can be taken down at ANY time based on any reason i choose... such as another update, new layout, or so on. It's mine, and i can do what i want with it :)

Originally posted by comutek@Jul 8 2003, 01:27 PM
2. you won't use the banner outside of the voting thread if it doesn't win correct?

as per the rules: i can if i want because it is now my property, but i probably wont.

Originally posted by comutek@Jul 8 2003, 12:27 PM
2. you won't use the banner outside of the voting thread if it doesn't win correct?

Ah, it's good to see you here. Good luck on the banner.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jul 9 2003, 02:19 AM-->
@Jul 8 2003, 12:27 PM

Ah, it's good to see you here. Good luck on the banner.

haha, yeah i'll probably be in and out around here for the next week or so until the new site is up. i like the concept of the site and reading through some of the more technical posts, but this f*** everything else and everything else sucks attitude just isn't my thing.

as for the contest, not sure if i'm going to submit anything, the idea of people owning the rights to my work/using my work for profit w/out paying for it is shady. no matter whether you run a $1,000/month forum or $1,000,000,000/year corporation.

there's no reason to have an "i own your work" clause unless you plan on using people's work w/ out paying them which is unethical IMO.

go to ANY other REAL contest site... or submit an article to a magazine... EVERY AND ALL submissions become property of said company. It's to protect my own ass.

if it doesn't win, im probably just going to delete it anyway... but hey, maybe this was a bad idea... offering $50 to a member who maybe has a couple more ideas than i do... being a color blind bastard that I am, I suck at graphics.

i'd have to really disagree w/ you there. check out www.threadless.com, a company that makes it's revenue from solely design contests. i've actually won their 'contest' and had hundreds of my shirts/hoodies printed (as a matter of fact the just totally SOLD OUT :) ). i still retain rights to all of my artwork and can do with it as i please. threadless does not retain rights to any designs to any submitted or winning designs. they have PERMISSION to print my work but do not own the RIGHTS to my work. there's a huge difference.

if you were worried about lawsuits, you shouldn't assume rights to of ANY artwork not created by yourself. if someone submits copyrighted design/photography to you, you publish it, and are the sole proprietor of it's rights guess who gets sued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back