battery light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

paulsen

sponge of knowlege
hello all i have one some searching an i cant seem to find anything helpfull, so here is my problem, battery light was on one day all of a sudden, then went off i figured loose battery cable, sure enough tightend that bad boy up and it worked, then it started happening more frequently, then my lights would dim and fan motor would slow down, long story short my batt. keeps getting drained tested altern. and batt both are good, rebuilt alternator just to be sure, car will drive 20 miles to work no problem but the light wont shut off, any suggestions? maybe dizzy or a ground? dont know if that is possible, i dont want my car to go up in smoke.

sounds like something may be grounding out that isnt supposed to. just a guess.

What kind of car is it? Also check the fuse panel.

This should help you in finding the problem.

Attachments

• charge.JPG
    charge.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 92
ty checking the connections at the alternator,then just recheck,the other grounds,

checked and replaced the connection on the alternator i think its called the regulator, no help also changed the plug on the harness also no help

I would suggest using the diagram I posted and run an extra peice of wire between each of the connections until it works right then you will know if that one is bad.

Back