Battlefield 3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well after about a month of gameplay, I am happy that I didn't buy MW3. Played MW3 at a friends house this past weekend, and Battlefield is far more realistic and definitely looks better as well. Very satisfied with BF3.

whats gay is... if i wanna buy the game used to save a few bucks, its pointless because unless i buy the game new i cant play online without paying for an online pass.. i will never buy an EA game

I'm not sure what you're talkin about, probably because I bought it new. Well, digital download. This game was $30 on Black Friday on steam, shoulda bought it then.

I'm not sure what you're talkin about, probably because I bought it new. Well, digital download. This game was $30 on Black Friday on steam, shoulda bought it then.

Yeah, with EA now you have to pay a few bucks for an online pass if you buy the game used. That's their way of combating places like GameStop that make lots and lots of money off of selling the same game over and over at slightly less then MSRP...

Yeah, with EA now you have to pay a few bucks for an online pass if you buy the game used. That's their way of combating places like GameStop that make lots and lots of money off of selling the same game over and over at slightly less then MSRP...

But it should be noted that they, Gamestop, sell it for $10 less used to help offset the cost of the code.

That's good to know. Good business on their part...

I guess, I hate Gamestop, they are the biggest ripoff, piece of shit in the game world, but yea, I guess it's cool for what it is. I've seen BF3 for 360/PS3/PC on Craigslist for as low as $20.

That's damn cheap. I can't wait for the expansion to come out. Some of my favorite FPS maps of all time are on it.

I guess, I hate Gamestop, they are the biggest ripoff, piece of shit in the game world, but yea, I guess it's cool for what it is. I've seen BF3 for 360/PS3/PC on Craigslist for as low as $20.

Yeah, I usually don't buy used games from them either. Stuff that's actually popular they barely discount at all. If they're only going to give me 5 bucks off of a $60 game, well, keep it then. I'll just pay the five bucks and get a fresh copy. At least they are acknowledging the extra cost of the online pass, and making concessions for it.

I suppose they kind of have to though, seeing as the online pass is designed specifically to work against them...

Last edited:
For those of you playing this, the Back to Karkand expansion pack comes out on December 6th for PS3, and on December 13th for Xbox 360 and PC. I believe the cost is $14.99.

For those of you playing this, the Back to Karkand expansion pack comes out on December 6th for PS3, and on December 13th for Xbox 360 and PC. I believe the cost is $14.99.

My code got me "Back to Karkand" for free :) Can't wait to see Karkand, Gulf of Oman, and Sharqi on this engine, I just hope they feel like they did in BF2, just with new effects.

My code got me "Back to Karkand" for free :) Can't wait to see Karkand, Gulf of Oman, and Sharqi on this engine, I just hope they feel like they did in BF2, just with new effects.

Nice:) I should've bought the deluxe edition, or whatever it's called. Oh well.

Yeah, I am excited to see what Wake Island plays like. That was one of my favorite maps of all time mainly because it was constant chaos, and there's a lot of strategy involved in holding the island.

Back