beast of all beast turbo motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Very very true. But then... the laptop and ROM emulator plus the Hondata cost QUITE a bit more than the VAFC.

:lol:

ok the only thing that i have a problem with hondata is that my car is obd0 will it still work and what would i need?

thanx alot. i was looking on the hondata website and its telling me that the stage3 (selling for 475) has no boost option and the stage3b(sell for 725) was it. my two next questions are would i use the fmu with the stage3 and not with the stage3b ?
does hondata have the function setting for low boost for daily driving and high boost setting for racing?

you dont use an fmu with hondata. period. throw it out.

the boost option allows you have positive boost maps.

hondata doesn't control boost levels- a boost controller does that. low and hi maps can be tuned by your tuner

Since we're talking obd0, why not go Zdyne? What would the advantages/disadvantages be between Zdyne, and Hondata for a obd0 car?
On a side note, better the fat fingers than a fat stomach! insert :fat smilie:

zdyne is great, but its not very popular, so finding a tuner might be more difficult. its also not cheap.

i can get you a B20 long block for 1000 and i can ship anywhere you are for 150-175 and it is the JDM B20...so let me know give me a call at 847-456-7553

ive looked at the articles about blockguards and i was going to use it cause i was told that it will be safer for the money cause im not building a racing motor. just something to make me move a little faster turbo wize. but it looks like the articles are telling me not to waste my money on a blockguard. i think that ill be good if i give the car enough fuel and currect tuning by getting the hondata. what do you think? :D

If you get a block guard, you really should pull the engine and have it re-bored to line everything up again after the block guard installation. The trouble you go through to save a few hundred (not resleeving) really isn't worth it- you should just resleeve if you're going to do all that.

no what i mean is that im not going to get a block guard ill just run the stock block.
think that ill be good if i give the car enough fuel and currect tuning by getting the hondata.

OHH MY GOD! WHAT A FUCK UP PRICE!

i went to the shop that my block is at and here is what they are doing
1. rod bearings
2. main bearings
3. piston rings
4. polish crank
5. assemble

for 900 dollars.

basiclly putting it back to stock specs to me is a ripoff. that means that i paid 1100 for a stock block with 0 miles on it. is that a ripoff? :angry:

Back