Best 92-95 chassis?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
Whelp, I just sold my beloved 99' civic si because I want to get into the hybrid scene. My goal is to purchase either a 92-95 hatch or coupe for a b18c swap. What are the pros and cons of each chassis? Keep in mind that my car will be a summer daily driver, as well as a car that I want to take on the curves.

con= every body and their mother has a 92-95 hatch.
pro= its fairly light weight, and like tons of parts are made for them.

it's all stated in the articles section but;

CX: light weight, not wired for vtec
DX: some amenities not wired for vtec
VX: wired for vtec, light weight
Si: WIred for vtec, tons of amenities like a rear window wiper and a clock, sun roof rear disc brakes, but all these thing add to weight.

Quoted post[/post]]
it's all stated in the articles section but;

CX: light weight, not wired for vtec
DX: some amenities not wired for vtec
VX: wired for vtec, light weight
Si: WIred for vtec, tons of amenities like a rear window wiper and a clock, sun roof rear disc brakes, but all these thing add to weight.

Every 92 was wired for VTEC on the in-car harness...

I know the difference between all of the hatch trims. My question is hatch vs. coupe...

If you're going FI get a coupe.

If you're going NA, get a hatch.

What I meant is, which car is a better platform for an all around car? I am not looking for a drag racer or road course car, I want something that will be good all around.

Quoted post[/post]]
What I meant is, which car is a better platform for an all around car? I am not looking for a drag racer or road course car, I want something that will be good all around.

well thats up to you

4 door, easy to get in and out
Hatch, tons of room, light weight
2 door coupe, good if you don't want the station wagon look
del Sol, convertible

If you're going FI get a coupe.

If you're going NA, get a hatch.

What does it matter?

Hatch are slightly lighter than the coupe but the difference is negliable.

it comes down to do you want a trunk or not?

I heard that the coupes have a longer wheelbase which translates to better ride/ handling. Is this true?

Longer wheelbase=more stable handling. Long wheelbase is also good for drag because less front/rear weight shift.

i have a cx, cx is the cheapest hatch you can buy. dx had the rear wiper as well and some si's had power features.

i think the vx was just a smidge heavier than the cx and its already wired for vtec but you will pay more for it so its up to you if you are looking for hatch and want a vtec motors etc.

VX's are just hard as hell to find in general. I have been looking all over for a clean one for a daily driver but they are so hard to find, and even harder to find one that is 100% stock. I want 45+mpg

well, thanks for all the input guys. i went ahead and got a 93' civic dx hatch. I got a sweet deal on it, plus its only got 120k miles and its rust free :)

good choice, i was going to say that the vx hatch is the best option hands down and it comes with sweet 13 inch lightweight aluminum wheels

haha i was actually looking for a vx, however the only one i found was at a dealer listed for 5 grand.....

Back