Best Go-Ped ev4r!y0ne!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
yea, so i am somewhat proud of this story, and somewhat embarassed too :|
My friend has a couple of little brothers who found a Go-Ped at a yardsale for $8.
They figured we could get it fixed, so they bought it and brought it to us.
So i met him at his house, and i saw them riding it already.. cool it runs..but
My friend is dipshit and mixed the gas with 10w30 and it smoked like crazy...
then i explain to him how 5 ounces of 10w30 and 5 ounces of 87 octane gas isn't going to run a go-ped very good.
The gas tank was leaking, the frame is welded horribly, and the handle bar things are broken and it's hard to control.
We used the handle bars from one of those 'razor' scooters... fit good, but now the regular thick rubber wheel doesn't fit... or the brakes.
We tried one wheel from the razor: that sucked alot...
No problem, we made an axle and broke out the bearings from some old 'razor' wheels as spacers.
I forgot to take 'before' pics, but it was pretty much like a regular beat up ass go-ped when we started, but we turned it into a super beat up ass goped.
We hollowed out the exhaust, and added a breather filter as our intake, which did make noticable differences...wtf :)
Total cost after 2 cycle oil, gas, gas tank parts/hoses $7
So now this bad boy is worth $15!!
Wait, we can't stop there though... we look around the garage, and we start putting stuff together... as you will see.
The pics of him riding it is from earlier after he rode it for 1.3 miles from his house to mine, and got laughed at by all the highschool kids :laugh:
:confused: :confused:

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

This thing is pimp.. and yes, that is a headlight mounted in a 89 prelude exhaust bushing, fitted into a garden sprayer shower head looking thing.
Works really good too :)
Sorry for the huge pics, but they work good so you can see the detail to our accomplishments.

my god, those pictures are bigger than the actual goped.

i'm on 1600x1200 resolution, and i have more than 3x the width of my browser is a scroll bar.

rediculous...

lmfao, someone is gonna get hurt

wtf is the defrost switch for? the headlight?

Quoted post[/post]]
you put a battery on it just for the headlight?
you couldn;t get power from the motor?
oddly enough, No?
We tried from the plug, and it wouldn't even start, we tried from these two prongs on the side, and same thing... so.. we did the next best thing.. a mazda battery.
We even taught them how to charge their goped at night, we plan to add more electrical gadgets to it :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
like perhaps an AIRBAG?

radio?
lol
He wanted to do a radio.. but we already know someone is going to jack his brothers for it, so we don't want to lose too much stuff worth money.
We'll prolly do a horn, and maybe a DA small center (fog?) light for a tail light....hmmmm

yea, that was another thought, but it is already getting heavy for a 'soldered' frame, i thought the plug would at least make enough to power the light.. but i guess not... his brothers love it too :cool:

He wanted to do a radio.. but we already know someone is going to jack his brothers for it, so we don't want to lose too much stuff worth money.
We'll prolly do a horn, and maybe a DA small center (fog?) light for a tail light....hmmmm

yea, that was another thought, but it is already getting heavy for a 'soldered' frame, i thought the plug would at least make enough to power the light.. but i guess not... his brothers love it too

you can;t get juice straight from the plug y0...

you don;t have some stocker radio sitting around with a piece of shit speaker?
get him a whip antenna and a huge ass bicycle helmet so he looks like a real tard...

next step = security device
lol

We already talked about putting an ignition on it (it will ground out these two prongs, and won't start unless you turn the key) and an autozone chirp alarm for like $15.
We do have a shitty stocker from a kia layin inside the kia, but we are pretty sure his brothers are going to get jacked, some guy already tried to steal it from my friend but he sucked at life, and jumped outta the bushes after my friend had already passed by and said "rah...oh ? :cry:"

so you really think someone is gonna steal a 15 dollar go-ped?

thats just fucked up

grade 8 chain plus master lock = security...
lol

:) That's some good shit. Something like I'd do.

Thanks guys :laugh:
I'll keep it updated if we paint it and put the DA fog light on horn and such...

Quoted post[/post]]
so you really think someone is gonna steal a 15 dollar go-ped?

thats just fucked up

grade 8 chain plus master lock = security...
lol
Yes... they steal anything around here.. especially something they can use to get from crack-house to crack-house a lil faster :cry:
The kids just had their bikes stolen a few weeks back.
:mad:

Back