Best Setups For All D16Z6 Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtornado

I am just looking for some very very very nice setups for an all d16z6 motor. Something very performanced and yet not hard on the engine. Just looking for some really good idea's because I have an si motor just sitting around and now I decided to rebuild it. Im talking about the whole 9 yards.

I want it to be All Motor, No Turbo, I would only use OEM Components if needed, Budget is whatever needed. Could I get a rough estimate of how much I could be spending.

Use the girdle from the D16A6, it's OEM and the strongest from the factory.

If you want more compression, use the pistons from the A6 as well, or ones from the A1\DOHC ZC. For even more compression and a better top end, you can sell your head and use the money to procure a Y8 head\intake manifold\dizzy. The combustion chambers are better, the manifold is the best D-Series piece available and the head's the most capable SOHC VTEC around (at least non-3-stage VTEC-wise, if you wanted to go that route instead).

The A1\ZC rods are also pretty good from what I hear.

I believe the Z6 has one of the better cranks, so maybe keep it and balance the bottom end once you've put the block together components-choice-wise. Use the Z6 OEM dampener, rework the piston heads and oil galleries of the block like so:

The Old One - Energy Dynamics : Articles
http://www.theoldone.com/articles/engine_tips/piston_facts/pistonfacts.htm

Here's some other possibly helpful stuff for your build:

Watch out for companies like DPR and JG
Hey Nitro..wouldn' t this be better?
TOO: "World According to..." request
TOO---- Cam timing Qs
rod ratio revisited.....
Re: Internal Geometry for T.O.O.
T.O.O. - Ignition Theroy
would a little piece crackedoff crank pulley cause vibrabtion under accc?? help~
Re: NITRO can correct me if I'm wrong...
New DC Sport Header Looks Cool, but....
J&S safeguard..TOO/Nitro
Endyn Block Post Kits
The Old One - Energy Dynamics : High Output Bosch Fuel Pumps
HyTech Exhaust Racing Headers
The Old One - Energy Dynamics : Recommended Components
The Old One - Energy Dynamics : Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing Differentials
The Old One - Energy Dynamics : Recommended Components
Cylinder Head Preparation

This stuff should help you kick off your research. Stick with your P28 ECU, that'll be great for tuning your car. I'm gonna recommend turbocharging as you commented on wanting to go all out. The cost of a turbo kit for the power you want to make can be done affordably and cleanly, without using any jank parts etc.. But this is a whole other subject and the engine build would have to accommodate boost.

glhf

"Just looking for some really good idea's" - thread starter

Just answering the call ;)

I wouldn't build it for him though, that's something a person should do for themselves, unless it's a rush circumstance like the shit needs to run tomorrow and I'm the only one in the room that can do it, or am being paid or something similar. I was just guiding him towards some different ideas\concepts\opinions\parts to consider throughout the design aspect of his build, I hardly posted any spoilers or anything he couldn't have found on his own, merely some starting points and considerations.

Well which is better D16Y8 head or D16Z6 head?
Which is better D16Y8 block or D16Z6 block?
Whats the most whp and trq I could get out of a D16Z6 and with no y8 head just all z6 and no turbo or supercharger just all motor with performanced internals and other parts????

I think im gonna stick with all z6 block and head and just get a lot of internal parts and external parts. What 1/4 times could I get with a built z6 motor?????

I trying to look for something over 200whp and im willing to spend around $4,000 or more.
Could you think of any good setups to reach something over 200whp and with around $4k for a budget????

But I hear that forced induction is pretty hard on an engine and couldn't last 3 years. If I just get an all n/a motor, I could last way much longer then forced induction.

Dont you guys get it, when you add performance parts onto your motor or upgrade it it reduces the lifespan of the motor.

Listen to what Blanco is saying to you guys.
Holy crap!!!

Well its like you ask a stupid question your gonna get a stupid answer kind of thing.

People make it so much more complicated than it has to be. Take the simplest of approaches to the problem. And if that doesnt work than progress to the next step. And most of the time you dont even have to go to the next step!!!

well sorry for asking really dumb questions and sorry for not knowing as much as you guys do.....dont take it serious but you guys are good use to me. I thank you for your answers and ideas. I just heard different answers from different people. So if you guys want, could you give me some good setups???

i have d16z6 pushing 210whp on the dyno and it's natually asperated and i haven't even put 2grand in the motor yet

short ram intake dc headers custom 3inch exhaust skunk2 stage 1 cam skunk2 intake manifold i pulled the cat off for the dyno i ported and polished the head put some high compression pistons in and updated the fuel injectors i was surprised at what it got on the dyno to

hey u guys can say what u want so i invite u to come to vegas and find out for yourself im not much of a person to argue

Back