Best Size Tires for 13's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ponzarelli

Just wondering what the best size tires would be for my 13in. VX wheels...Thanks guys...

He wasn't asking for your opinion on what size rim YOU prefer. If your not gonna help the guy out then don't bother posting.

It depends on your needs I guess, what are you using the car for mainly daily driver?

185/65/13 would be nice, but i doubt you're going to find that....

175/70 is "stock" size i beleive

im using this as my daily...175/70 are stocks...but the tires available for that size suck ass...would 175/60 be too small?? more tires are available for that size...

there's a LOT of poor information on that thread dealing with traction issues.

March article of the month is going to address this.... I just need to finish it first :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 29 2004, 07:17 AM
there's a LOT of poor information on that thread dealing with traction issues.

March article of the month is going to address this.... I just need to finish it first :D

I just like it because they actually talk about the change in gearing

yeah there was alot of bad info on that thread, right now im deciding between 185/60, 195/60, or 205/60... probably going to go with sumi's also (can't beat 32 bucks for a decent tire)... i'll be looking for that march article of the month btw...

because the rims are only 5.5" wide you'll have a problem getting too wide with the tread... pay attention to the recommended wheel width when buying tires. I have a set of Hoosier asphalt race tires (approximately 180/50/13) that require a 6" rim at minimum... I wanted VX rims until I discovered that fact.

tire calculator this is good site for comparing tire sizes... you can get a look at the profile & the tread difference in tires. If you're gonna stay with the VX, I wouldn't go higher than 205/60/13. It is nearly identical to the stock tire but is 30mm wider :thumbsup:

I am eventually going to have to do the same. I have nice 13" rims that had some nice bf goodrich tires on them but they are bald now. with the zc I am putting in I don't think I will get good traction. I want to stick with 13" because of the rims and it will throw off the spedometer with the tranny thats in there. what do you guys think for a half way decent tire thats <$75 a peice?

155/80/13? You will totally pwn any track you go race on with those suckers!
yeah... I know

These are full race Hoosier 20.5/7/13 MG-8 compound slicks. They're made for asphalt oval racing. 155/50/13 was as close as I could get to "normal" tire sizing.

For the price, I'd figured I'd give them a go. I was looking for VX rims to mount them on until I learned of the width issue. For now I've got a borrowed set of 8" rims... They'll either totally blow and who cares? I'll swap back to the Falkens after the first run group. Otherwise I'll trash the hell out of some extremely cheap slicks

Back