Best suspension?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Circuit

I got a 94 integra ls, what would be the best suspension setup? Right now I'm thinking

Tein Flex Springs/Shocks
DC Sports Front/Rear Upper/Lower Sway bars

holy fucking oppisite combo. Tein Flex is a great coilover and dc sport anything is a total peice of crap.

Before I spend 1600 on suspension, I would learn about what every peice do. First off, all sway bars are "lower" in a sence. If your thinking of a lower tie bar, it's a totally different think. Go to teamintegra.net for some of there tech articles and comman topics about suspension. You will find out what ever peice is designed for. Strut bars, do not really do anything for handling.

What do you want out of this car? If this is just your daily driver, and you never plan to even get close to a road course, the Flex is way overkill.

If this is just for a daily driver and you want the agressive look, get some eibach springs, new dampners.

Here is a good performance minded combo http://www.coximport.com/store/KE030

If your looking for more adjustibility, buy a sleved coilover. Ground control makes one of the best sleved coilover for hondas and they are not to expensive at 300.

True coilovers are overkill for most people except for those who can really drive. Unless your pulling the same times in autoX's as the local pro class, you don't need them.

ahh crap, I meant Neuspeed :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm going to take it racing... track... so I need something professional. I might also be doing some autocross.

I'm an exellent driver, but unfortunetly I have no idea about mechanics... I don't know if I need strust bars or sway bars... maybe you can sugguest which would be a better option? :worthy:

Originally posted by Circuit@Oct 27 2003, 10:25 PM
ahh crap, I meant Neuspeed :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm going to take it racing... track... so I need something professional. I might also be doing some autocross.

Track as in roadcourse, or track as in drag racing? One setup is not the best for the other racing.

If your going into road racing, for sway bar's, I would go with OEM ITR rear, and possiblly front (depends on how much oversteer you like) strut bar, I love the nuespeed 4 point front bar. For Rear, I have the skunk2, basicly a perfect replica of the Spoon bar.

Are you building this car to basicly just for the track or are you going to keep this as a daily driver. My recomendation still stands for the groundcontrol coilovers and possibly a koni shock. If you want a true bling bling coilover, a great coilover for both track and street is the Tein SS or HA coilover. If your making this a more track only car, Tein Flex, Apexi N1's, Zeal, HKS, ect would work.

I'm an exellent driver, but unfortunetly I have no idea about mechanics... I don't know if I need strust bars or sway bars... maybe you can sugguest which would be a better option?

Although you may think your an excelent driver, no offence, try autocrossing once and see how compeditive the driving is. Diffence between 1st and 10th is normally only a second or 2 diffrence.

Track as in course... not drag...

It is my daily driver as well. I like the idea of having the shocks adjustable so I can stiffen it up when I go racing, but do I loose performance if I adjust?

I have studied autocrossing for many years, I have trainned, just not in a good car. :( ehe I wanna get the best suspenssion possible so my driving skills won't pass my suspension setup. That may sound stupid to you but when you train in an accord with stock suspension you can easilly outdrive the car ehe.

JIC Flt-a2

wish i went with those instead of the tein ha's

Originally posted by asmallsol@Oct 27 2003, 08:15 PM
Strut bars, do not really do anything for handling.

Then I guess you've never drove an Accord w/o a strut bar and one with one installed. They made a huge difference on my old Accord.

yea i have a neuspeed strut bar and i immediately had quicker, more precise steering response and the car felt stiffer/more confident around turns.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 28 2003, 02:43 PM
yea i have a neuspeed strut bar and i immediately had quicker, more precise steering response and the car felt stiffer/more confident around turns.

:werd: I have the same bar on my CRX and I think it makes a world of difference in the feel of the car!!!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 28 2003, 12:14 AM
JIC Flt-a2

wish i went with those instead of the tein ha's

people i know running those are not happy with them.
i'm using the HA's now, i love them on the track, have you taken your sol to the track yet?
best = ohlins

:werd:

far from it.

the flex is a street kit IMO.

TEINmenu.jpg

b16- have you really heard that they aren't happy with them? Their spring rates are awesome, and their shocks look to be top notch... i don't see what people wouldn't like them.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 28 2003, 06:51 PM
b16- have you really heard that they aren't happy with them? Their spring rates are awesome, and their shocks look to be top notch... i don't see what people wouldn't like them.

yes i have, dan at rcrew calls them jdm rice. but beyond that, 2 people at the road course have told me they were not what they expected, didn't get into detial. one car was an eg hatch, the other was a subie wrx. what about the HA's dont you like? i like the spring rates, crap anything higher and i think i would hate the roads around here, they feel much stiffer than the ss's did.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 28 2003, 08:51 PM
far from it.

the flex is a street kit IMO.

TEINmenu.jpg

everytime I see a new Tein ad in a magazine the chart changes. So I wouldn't really rely upon it.

If you want you can get coustom spring rates from TEIN.

That chart is BS. The Flex are a hell of alot more agressive then the HA's. Also, they are built much better, no exposed steel to rust and the best feature that is full track function is the ability to adjust preload of the spring with the turn of a spanner (is that what the ring/pertch is called)

B. Get a rear sway and then see what you think of the HA's. Coilovers alone will not give you ferrari like handling.

Rust is the only big problem with the HA's.

Back