Best suspension?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It looks like the HA aren't avaiable for the integras...

It's down to the JIC Flt-a2 or the FLEX...

Originally posted by Circuit@Oct 28 2003, 07:33 PM
It looks like the HA aren't avaiable for the integras...

It's down to the JIC Flt-a2 or the FLEX...

they are avail for the integras, the HA's on mine are for the DC2 type R, you just need ITR rear lower control arms. also, they are only sold in japan now, unless you find a used set.

but between the JIC and the Flex, i'd go Flex for mostly the same reasons asmallsol mentioned above

personally, i think the springs are too stiff in the rear, too soft up front, and the rear shocks are too soft, and the front shocks are too stiff- regardless of the adjuster setting. to me, all that effects is the initial hit really... after that, there is just no travel. its too boucny- not rice bouncy, but gokart bouncy.... which is NOT good for handeling if the tire comes off the road.

in other words, the bound is good, rebound is not what i expect/want. the rear sway has nothing to do with this. hell, i don't even have to be turning to feel the lack or rebound.

i still don't buy the flex being better.... their spring rates are all wack too... way too stiff in the rear. great for drag racing..... but who buys teins for dragging???

errrr wait a min......... :D

im happy as fuck with my tanabes :)

actually the teins and most JDM set ups tend to have too stiff a rate in teh front and not stiff enough in the rear, causing the car to push quite a bit. Tein's also seem to be aa little over valved for tracks here. if you hit a bump the car bounces around quite a bit. they are good for nice smooth roads in japan, but are pretty bouncy for our pot-holed bumpy tracks we have here in the states. This is my opinion on the tein set ups from driving them on the track. HA's and RA's

buddy club racing specs are really nice...i had the non-adjustables and they were valved nicely. werent as "harsh" or "bouncy" as the teins, but stiffened up when i needed them. and these were the same spring rates as the HA's

and i agree that ohlins are nice. ran them on an integra. little more adjustability than my brain can handle...but smooth and stable. BTW got a set for sale...=P

hope this helps...

bound and rebound. He's talking about how stiff the spring is, and the dampening of that spring. With the same spring rate, a different shock can slow or speed up how quickly the system moves. It all has to work together. It's not just stiff and soft. Too much spring without enough shock is bouncy. Not enough spring with a soft shock is fluffy. etc.

pissedoffsol knows more about it than me, but that's the general idea, even if my details are a little off.

i wouldn't say that... lol i wish i knew more about suspension.

chris, E, and b16 know more about the stuff than I do. All I know, is I'm not happy with the teins.
E's car rides awesome. i love the sustec pros.... but, i think they are a little soft... almost too comfortable for a race suspension.

i'm to anal. i'll probably never be happy with any suspension until i convert to cantilever :D

B i set my suspension 1/2 way and just left it there
if i wanted to i could stiffen it up for the track... but to be honnest i havent seen a reason to... its almost like the suspension gets stiffer as it "warms up"

ill have to let you take it for a rip and do some hard cornering to really get what im saying

ack! You guys are confusing the feck out of me lol. Just sifting thru all the posts trying to find some info on a suspension set up. Gonna be runnin laps on 3 different tracks in this area. One is a nice twisty track with a huge banked turn before it hits the straight. One is kinda mellow nice smooth turns and some straights. The other is when we all get together and go to ATL.

The twisty track is actually where they held the 2003 superbike championship and is about 30min drive from here. So will mostly be on that track. This car will not be a daily driver. Man oh man... I can't handle the decisions lol.

Originally posted by tab@Nov 2 2003, 10:14 PM
With the same spring rate, a different shock can slow or speed up how quickly the system moves. It all has to work together. It's not just stiff and soft. Too much spring without enough shock is bouncy. Not enough spring with a soft shock is fluffy. etc.

yes...but, most coilover set ups have a higher spring rate in the front and they utilize the same shock, front and back. this causes the car to oversteer, do to the higher rate in the front. no amount of shock adjustability will change this. too "stiff" and too "soft" depends on ur personal preferences, driving technique and most importantly the track that you are driving on.

Teufel: i would just drive the track on stock suspension and tires. that is the best thing u can do if u are a beginner. learn to drive the stock car to its limits, then when u get there u will know what u want in a suspension. in the mean time u can pick the brains of ppl that have used the different set ups that u mioght be looking at.

Back