best vtec head for d15b motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joker01

hey guys am trying to find out the best vtec head i can get to mate with my d15b block.......responses are greatly appreciated

Your choices are aren't that many, basically a JDM D15VTEC head, a D16Z6 head, or a D16Y8 head. The D15 and Z6 head are essentially the same thing. I'd say just go with one of those...

It would probably be cheaper to just do a full z6 or y8 swap in it anyways. If you have the know how atleast or know people who do its not to incredibly hard. You can find them for cheapp on craigs.

i got that d15b jus changed water pump, timing belt and tensioner jus wanted to go vtec not too fussy bout doing a whole swap cuz i jus finished one

d15b what? i mean a a z6 head swap is going to run you around $500 all said and done. thats parts and everything.

block just labelled d15b and its gonna b a lil dificult to get that head beacuse am from st lucia,caribbean

Best? VX (D15Z1) head with the roller rockers. Grind a custom cam and port the hell out of the head.

Back