Big Important Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay, I guess we have some more stringent smog controls in Cali, but definitely go with TODA valvetrain components...

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy+Sep 26 2003, 09:41 PM-->
jiahanhao
@Sep 26 2003, 08:29 PM
As soon as you get a JDM motor it won't be street legal... unless you can find a good smog shop (where they don't do visual inspection).

lol i live in nixa missouri, wow, okay put this in perspective what u guy consider street "legal" is diff. Ill refrase that I want to run on pump gas. lol there are farm trucks driving around here with open headers, its common. all the cops do is tell you to put your exhaust back on... the only thing they know about imports that is illegal is nitrous, if they see an open wastegate they just scratch there heads. i live in hick-ville.

missouri eh? check out www.kcpog.org ;)

:end shameless plug:

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Sep 26 2003, 03:50 AM
Okay heres the deal, I was supposed to get a 03' MazdaSpeed Protegé. But that isnt working out so my mom feels bad and knows I want a fast car. So she is lending me her platinum card, so I'll have about $7,500 to spend on the ole honda.

:eek: :angry:

lucky bastard.

Take it and put $7500 down for an 03 Mazdaspeed Protegé. Or...a WRX...or...an SRT-4. :unsure:

did you not read the thread, im putting the money onto my honda, i cant get a loan for the mazda... jeeze.

but really if i get the Type S motor, will i still have to get all the type s pistons and crap???

TTT

Okay how does this sound for my head....

Skunk2 Stage 2 Cams
Skunk2 High Comp. Valves, stock height
Skunk2 Exhuast Valves
Skunk2 Racing valve springs
skunk2 titanium Retainers
Skunk2 Cam Gears

Plus a freind of mine who builds reeeeeeaaalllly good heads will do all the headwork for me cheap, you people in Texas might know of him, he had the Texas Mustang or somethin like that. but is that a good setup, im getting the Type S motor so my bottom end shoulod be ok stock for now... ill throw some high comp pistons in it..

You should do some research on the Type S engine before you just buy it. You sound like someone who's buying a B18C5 just because it's a Type R.

The Type S engine already has Type S pistons, Type S cams, a Type S manifold, etc....it's a Type S engine.

And the stock compression on them is 11.1:1. Think about whether you really need to "throw some high compression pistons in there".

on hmotorsonline.com it has all the info, this site has it too. it seems like a good all motor set up, plus it is the same OBD as my car,

Back