Bit uneasy about car decision

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Actually, it just hit me.

Go over to your local Audi dealership. Try the A3. If you want, you can get the S3 or the A3 s-line, and it won't look expensive.

I don't really like the hatch, otherwise I would probably be in one.

Actually, it just hit me.

Go over to your local Audi dealership. Try the A3. If you want, you can get the S3 or the A3 s-line, and it won't look expensive.

yeah we dont get the S3 here... we dont even get the 2 door A3 here :(

I was in the same situation about 7 months ago, ended up buying a lower mile E36 M3, LOVE IT, and now im buying a house..... honestly its a great DD, i drive 30K miles plus a year and it takes the abuse and keeps on keeping on

and for the snow, im in the NE and get quite a bit.. i threw on some Dunlop wintersports and really its not that bad if you know how to drive and your not a dbag about it...

just my 2c

wow i never noticed that. That's the newest car i've ever seen with a cassette deck. They probably just threw that in because they could

I love the 2007 Outback I bought...it's got plenty of pep, it's got the high class look, I can load anything in it, toss a canoe on top, go anywhere with the AWD, and it gets decent gas mileage. 23-28. Plus toss some mint sport wheels on it, and your set.

I wish the wife would let me toss some volk's on her's...

I'm looking for another subaru right now. I'll prolly snag an 00-03 outback just for a DD.

I love the 2007 Outback I bought...it's got plenty of pep, it's got the lesbian look, I can load anything in it, toss a canoe on top, go anywhere with the AWD, and it gets decent gas mileage. 23-28. Plus toss some mint sport wheels on it, and your set. .

fixed :D

I was in the same situation about 7 months ago, ended up buying a lower mile E36 M3, LOVE IT, and now im buying a house..... honestly its a great DD, i drive 30K miles plus a year and it takes the abuse and keeps on keeping on

and for the snow, im in the NE and get quite a bit.. i threw on some Dunlop wintersports and really its not that bad if you know how to drive and your not a dbag about it...

just my 2c

e36 is code for which years?

I've heard of a guy who absolutely hates his '02 and has had tons of problems with the car. Apparently there are a ton of known issues with the '02.

I'm surprised this thread has gotten so much attention. Haven't even finished reading every post.

For the record, my mileage is reimbursed at the government rate of $.585/mile so currently I out of pocket about $300-$400 a month for gas, which includes my 88mile round trip to work. The reimbursement covers most of the gas expense but then you have to factor in the wear and tear on the car, the maintenance, and the depreciation. This is why I'm not going to go splurge and buy a $40k car.

Weren't you hoping to become a financial advisor before? I think that's what I remember, could be wrong though. So what exactly is it that you're doing now?

If I didn't answer this, I was formerly an intern in the financial world. I worked as a financial rep for about 8months my senior year of college.

Currently I work in logistics. I work in the business development department of UPS as a key account manager. I was just promoted from dealing with clients that ship anywhere from $0-$40,000 to my current position of dealing with anyone who spends $40,000-$200,000 net annually on shipping.

wow i never noticed that. That's the newest car i've ever seen with a cassette deck. They probably just threw that in because they could

Acura TLs come with the cassette deck through 2006. Looks very cheesey.

I've thought of the sport model camry before but its too pedestrian and won't perform the way I would like the car to perform.

I'm looking atleast Acura TL performance but I would prefer the navigation system and RWD from the BMW to be retrofitted in TL. That would be ideal :)

Back