Bizzare power cut/bogging

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I had the same thing happen to me on my 2000 civic si. The cat blocked the exhaust and it had a huge power loss. It took me a while to figure out what the problem was, because honda had given me a brand new cat free because of the emissions warranty. It was destroyed 1 week later, I must drive to hard lol!

If you dont have to worry about passing emissions I would make a test pipe and not waste any money on a new cat. You will free up a little power too.

i DID keep the stock crx cat on when i did the swap, as per my muffler friend who said it was in decent shape. however, the symptoms only show up around low accel/decel situations. as much as i would like to see my cat right now to see how it's livin inside the oven, i can't see hacking away at my exhaust and messing with that when it could very well be just a fuel injector. any ideas as to how to tell if a fuel injector is good/bad? i have peak and hold injectors, so can i use a multimeter on them?

Back