Black friday 2006

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hmm. 3 ton floor jack from Harbor Freight or the Black Jack "racing" jack from Wal-Mart? Fuck Crafstman jacks.
i was just looking at the black jack monday night
seems decent, but heavy as shit
harbor freights light weight alum jacks are great as long as you don't go past their max cause you pop the seal
and they're pretty f'in light too

tractor supply has car tents/"instant garages" for 50 bucks off
cheapest you'll find them anywhere
20x12x8 tall with a peaked roof and straight sides
(curved roof = loss of interior space from sloping walls)
one door, back is enclosed
normal 300, 250 on sale friday only
i challenge anyone to find an instant garage cheaper
these are "Cover-It" brand name too
great for project storage, working on your car out of the rain/snow
and great for parking under so you don't have to clean/scrape your car every morning
b_01_06.jpg

Tractor Supply Company

my city banned those temp garages...
well thats fucked up
in the village you need to get a $25 permit or they can give you a 250 fine
otherwise its all good

and thats my plan, i have one now, but i'm gonna get another to house my civic for the winter
too many cars for our 24x40 shop

did you city ban the ones with no sidewalls?

Anyone see anything for tools?

Radioshack has a 100pc. tool set for $9.99 with a lifetime guarantee. Its no name tools though.

Sears had a 103pc set on sale for $50.00 or so.

I was looking to pick up a decent tool set and a jack.

If I had the money to spend I'd probably get that tool set. And I went ahead and got the racing jack from Wal-Mart. Freaking heavy ass thing, but it looks like a pretty good jack and you can't beat Wally-World's return policy.

How high does it extend and how tall is it when its compressed?

I want to be able to get the car high in the air to have room to work, but I want to be able to slide the jack under the car as well.

It's 3.3" to 17.7". I really wanted a little more extended height but I was even more tired of having to jack up the side of the car a little to get a jack under the front.

I'm not sure how high this craftsman jack that I'm using goes, but I was hoping my next jack would go higher.

The heavy duty ones on harbor freight that were 100lbs went up to 20inches I think. I guess there's always jacking the car up, putting it on jack stands, letting the jack down, putting wood on top of the jack and jacking the car up higher using wood.

Back