Block B20B / head B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hcivic

Hello friends!!, I have an engine B20B, and have a head B16, to do the franky that more need? pistons? Packing of head? I need ,your help. Thank you.

Abel.;)

ok, but I am a bit confused, it is necessary to do everything same of swap ls\vtec???

The B20b block is the same as the LS, except that it has an 84mm bore instead of the 81mm the LS has, which is why you need aftermarket pistons. Other then that its the same, just get it tuned properly.

Ive never heard that you need aftermarket pistons when doing a crvtec, or an adjustable cam gear.:huh: Follow instructions for building an lsvtec.

You can build an ls/vtec without replacing internals or using adj. cam gears ect... But do you just want to build an ls/vtec or do you want to build an ls/vtec that is going to be reliable, dependable and last for a while as well as being able to be tuned in exactly or do you want something that is going to be unpredictable in those categories?? Honda didn't produce the ls/vtec for a reason and with all the money they spend in R & D I'm sure it was a good reason. Therefore you can't expect to just bolt the head and block together and have the reliability ect... Sure it can be done and it will run but for how long?? and how well?? I'm not knocking the ls/vtec because I have one in my car now and am currently building another but I would rather do it right the first time than have to do it more than once. Just my 2 cents...

Back