Block Guard Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
i am looking to do a lsvtec turbo setup nothing big,just something to play around with and to get to point a to b in my 91 integra. the is what i have in mind right now

b18a block (i already have)
b16a head (i already have)
sir trans (i already have)
gsr oil pump
gsr water pump
gsr timing belt
new bearings
arp rod studs
arp head bolts
comptech turbo head gasket
aem fuel rail
aem fuel pressure regulator
440 injectors
vafc controller
dual stage boost controller

thats what i have in mind to do but ive heard that i can use a block guard also.
where would i get one from and how much will it cost

Originally posted by R.E.Developement@Oct 19 2003, 03:54 PM
i am looking to do a lsvtec turbo setup nothing big,just something to play around with and to get to point a to b in my 91 integra. the is what i have in mind right now

b18a block (i already have)
b16a head (i already have)
sir trans (i already have)
gsr oil pump
gsr water pump
gsr timing belt
new bearings
arp rod studs
arp head bolts
comptech turbo head gasket
aem fuel rail
aem fuel pressure regulator
440 injectors
vafc controller
dual stage boost controller

thats what i have in mind to do but ive heard that i can use a block guard also.
where would i get one from and how much will it cost

we carry Block guards made by JG or str $125 shipped in stock :spin:

Also have the RC 440cc $275 shipped in stock and we are a distri. for DRAG turbo kits

i think you'll need to use the LS timing belt... that's what I was told to use, and that's what im using... Im doing LSVTEC also... I got the B16A1 head, gsr water pump and LS TB... got the B16 IM, and a Hedman Chikara Header... that's about it still looking for a crank rods adn pistons... and rings... damn though

can i quote an internet rumor? (this way by saying it is a rumor, you fuckers cant flame me....)

but from my "d" series turbo board, i was under the impression that a block guard on a street car would do more damage than good. few peeps were saying it blocks the coolant flow etc.

anyone dispel this myth or?

Timing belt and water pump need to be from the same engine. If you use GSR water pump you use GSR timing belt and vice versa.

If you want a block guard you can get them for $100 on optionsauto.com!!! ;)

there is a reason block guards are $100......do it right and get a sleeve with a deck.golden eagle,or aebs would be good places to start looking

block guards are not even worth the 100$ unless your running like a NOS d series or some other ridiculously weak explosive motor

do a search under my name in the FI forum for block gaurds. I've covered my opinions on this several times.

Back