Block Posts, Where can I get some?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Hey, Im building up my d16z6 and i want to post it. I heard that these posts were made of the same alloy that the block was made out of so the heat expansion wouldnt crack the block. But i dont think i can just walk up to the hardware store and get some setscrews. Im not trying to get 800 hp out of my d16, but any extra insurance would be good.

no offense, but it really isn't worth it. I really doubt your ever going to get more thsn 250 hp out of the d series which isn't enough to spend money on block posts.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 31 2004, 09:29 PM
no offense, but it really isn't worth it. I really doubt your ever going to get more thsn 250 hp out of the d series which isn't enough to spend money on block posts.
[post=409953]Quoted post[/post]​

lol... you're retarded. There's a few guys on HT making upwards of 450 HP.

hey thanks. I canot find the link to the posts, but when im ready to purchase i will just email the guy.

Im slowly building up the d16z6 for my 93 cx, and i have an IHI turbo, Je pistons, Eagle rods,
and im savin up for the valves, springs, retainers, and cam.

I figure if i already spent this much money, i may as well go the extra step to protect it.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Nov 3 2004, 12:10 AM
theoldone is like $30 i think. they say it on www.homemadeturbo.com

block posting is pretty much drilling holes in the side of the block and screwing set screws through the holes to support the cylinder; like how a block guard works.-- http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects...ting/index.html
[post=411022]Quoted post[/post]​

not the same way better they are made from the same alloy as a honda block so they go throught the same thermal cycles

lol... you're retarded. There's a few guys on HT making upwards of 450 HP.

Key word "few", there aren't many people making that kind of hp on a D. It depends what his goalis, if he's just going for like 200-250 then its a waste.

I don't know much about IHI turbos but I don't think they can push more than 250 hp.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Nov 3 2004, 07:16 AM
I don't know much about IHI turbos but I don't think they can push more than 250 hp.
[post=411093]Quoted post[/post]​

They can break 400hp easy on the STi. :lol:

ihi has more than one size turbo. ihi rhb5's are the most common and they are very small and won't make more than 250 whp if that. block posts are 30 bucks from endyn aka, the oldone. it's key to drill in the right spots so that the posts support the cylinders in the highest stressed areas, also, it's a good idea to get the block honed afterwards b/c installing the pins can knock you cyls out out of wack if you torque them down too much. about 2ft/lbs. is suggested.

Back