blown head gasket???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

faithster

hey whatsup fellas ive been working on my project car for 3 months ,its a 89 civic sohc vtec turbo and i just got finished up some wiring problems now i changed the head with a vtec p08-1 and put on a z6 head gasket on the d15b shortblock.

Everything was running cool only minimal smoke from headers,now ive been gettind tdc codes last week,i turned the car on today and it sounded alright,i floored it and it was really bogggy,took like 10 seconds to reach 6k ,(NO CODES) i went to look at the engine and there was oil everywhere,It was coming out between the turbo and the header manifold and looked watery

thanks guys

heres an off the wall suggestion, if u have an oil cooled turbo there maybe a pressure problem due to lack of power. tdc codes come from your distributor and with and electronic waste gate could be confusing its self. (compensation) increase of oil, fuel, for lack of .o5 constant volts

yeah it is oil/water cooled turbo with inner wastegate,turbo isnt fully installed still need to put the vacuum lines and piping,and i had the car running before but it was non vtec not its vtec

Back