Blue Box under my Seat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drake

VIP
I found a blue box with a plug and some wirers coming out if it (I have a 91 CRX DX) when i took out my seats to clean under them. Any one seen this before. I could take pics and try and upload them if this will help any one answer my question. Ok guys take it easy, Laters.

Jeramy
1991 CRX DX
My ZC will be here on THursday.

its a bomb throw it into a lake and run :D
j/k

are you the only ower of the car? if not maybe the person before you left a amp in there by accident.

Sorry about the pictures not working. threw the link

try uploading them into the gallery so we can see them, directions are in the FAQ section in the forums.

most likely if it is what i think it is...

that car was boosted at some point with the greddy 15g kit...

1. blue
2. "too small to be an amp"
3. "one plug and some wires"

put it on Ebay and it will go for arond 70.00

im assuming that it was not connected? if it was connected to something, and it was under the driver's seat, then it is not the "greddy blue box"

the greddy blue box piggy backs the ecu. what im wondering is why they would boost a dx? maybe it had a swap in it before you bought it? or maybe the previous owner blew the engine and had it replaced again?

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Nov 4 2003, 03:09 PM
most likely if it is what i think it is...

that car was boosted at some point with the greddy 15g kit...

1. blue
2. "too small to be an amp"
3. "one plug and some wires"

put it on Ebay and it will go for arond 70.00

im assuming that it was not connected? if it was connected to something, and it was under the driver's seat, then it is not the "greddy blue box"

the greddy blue box piggy backs the ecu. what im wondering is why they would boost a dx? maybe it had a swap in it before you bought it? or maybe the previous owner blew the engine and had it replaced again?

:concur:

looks like a SRS unit or something. Are the orginal seats in it? if so there should be a plug on the bottom of the seat to connect to the box.
EDIT after reading all the posts i found out that it was connected and it should be a SRS unit.

yea the link to the pics work...

never seena anything like that before...

perhaps some part of an old alarm or theft system...

Yeah they are the orignials but that isnt the belt snesor i thought it might be that but there is another wire that plugs into the seat. SO i have no idea what it might be. Thanks everyone for putting upt with my newness. Take it easy. Whats SRS stand for btw.

Ok cool thanks very much, I have never gotten responses this fast ever. THank you all very much for taking the time to read this stuff.

Back