bogging @ vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that sucks, did you ever even try testing to see if it was the cat? :lol:

Finally, it is running properly. so wiring was gone though and everything that could be checked was. finally someone stopped my the shop and suggested that it just may be an overall too restrictive exhaust. disconnected it at the cat and it ran like a top. So today im going to pick it up and tomorrow im going to get a crushbent 2.25 exhaust made for it. i cant wait to have my car back.

i dont think your vtec is hooked up correctly or maybe its your ecu,check your timing,check your ground connections..maybe you forgot to ground a sensor or something

Originally posted by Guy@Oct 2 2003, 03:04 PM
Finally, it is running properly. so wiring was gone though and everything that could be checked was. finally someone stopped my the shop and suggested that it just may be an overall too restrictive exhaust. disconnected it at the cat and it ran like a top. So today im going to pick it up and tomorrow im going to get a crushbent 2.25 exhaust made for it. i cant wait to have my car back.

i knew it was restricting exhaust, which was the cat in my case...

yeah, suggesting the cat was on the right track.

well my car feels great, though it does sound like crap (exhaust disconnected after the cat). After 6200 the car is pure heaven. the b16 feels so much better in my crx then it ever did in my integra. in any case thanks for all of your suggestions. :thumbsup:

um... it was smogged buy i dont have a bar sticker or anything :D

i sorta got the same problem as u guy...only my car bogs at a much lower rpm at like 3000rpm...it also floats at idle from like 800 to 1100...(normal?)

i suppose i should mention that its a b16/b20 turbo setup and i cant seem to figure out whats wrong...my BOV was shot so i replaced it and i figure that would solve the problem but it didnt

...its really strange you place your foot on the gas and rev the engine then take your foot off and rev again and it just bogs and then itll kick...its a bitch when i have to shift too, the BOV is whistling also i spent time adjusting it but no matter what i did it makes a really annoying high pitched whistle at times (not the normal whooosh)

i figured it could be one of the followings so could someone point me in the right direction?

-distributor cap/rotor
-timing
-fowled plugs
-ignition system (its stock)
-the strange white wire i have hanging going through from the passenger footwell to my engine compartment but doesnt seem to have been hooked up to anything cause the end wasnt stripped

at this point i would like to also add that quite sometime ago i was driving and randomly a check engine light came on so i took it home and shut it off and then turned it back over w/ no engine light and i thought nothing of it...(could a sensor be blown?)

theres one more thing too i have the car in storage in my garage now and it seems like randomly the alarm will go off like the battery is just dying for some reason...

also dont have the time to fix it since im at college but like my father offered to take the car to someone...should i trust it with a honda dealer?

i think thats where i might have to take it unless i can find a honda shop somewhere around central new jersey...so if anyone here has the resources and knowhow please help me with my problem and find me a decent honda shop

Thanks in advance guys

sounds like you can use a full tune-up,check your timing,check your grounds,get a new fuel filter and do all those things on your list..get some ngk or denso spark plugs,valve adjustment..then you should be good to go..if not then its something electrical..check fuses,wires and all that stuff,also find out what that white wire is...good luck

what do you think the worst case scenario is with the problems i am describing?

also now that im in college i cant get home to fix it so should i trust honda w/ it?

if i couldnt do the work myself then i would take it to honda..

its not that i cant...its just that
#1 im not good w/ electrical stuff (sensors and crap, im used to working on carbs ^_^)
#2 my work space is now occupied by 3 snow tractors
#3 im at college

can a dealership really handle extensive mods? i had a ford before i started my work on hondas and the dealer was like "if this car gets modified we wont touch it anymore" or some shit.

Is honda any different?

Back