boost on itr?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shaneb

Im thinking of boosting on my itr motor in my 94 hatch.... what would be a safe boost limit ,,, i was told 8 pounds would be good ...

This is the second time ive answerd this question today. Why would you go through the trouble of boosting the type r. If you want to boost that motor you would end up changing, or replacing after youve broken parts that make a type r a type r.

I was just reading something on car and drivers site where a company boosted an S2000 to somewhere around 8 or 9 lbs. I'm sure it would be just fine but the point that brc80 was making is that Honda type R's are high compresion motors and they are not ideal for boost. that is why alot of people go with the LS engine for boost projects because it has lower compresion to start with

besides... you spent alot of money on that engine so why not just build it up NA?
or sell your engine to someone and but a gsr engine and boost that

to answer your question though
Yes... 8 lbs "should" be just fine

lot people told be that 8 pounds would be good and safe because of the high compresion , the turbo would swell up faster do to the high compresion and i shouldn't go more than 8 pounds but i was think of just starting at 6 or 7 pounds to see how the car runs

Yeah I would start at something like 6lbs and then do some datalogging... checking your a/f ratio, and if you're getting any knock, and tune, and change things from there.

Back