boost or n/a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

unlikelyhero

Just want some opinions on my swap. whether to go boosted GSR or all motor Type R. Im leaning towards all motor, because this is going to be my commute car to work also. but im still indecisive.

The next question is are going to drag race the car, autocross, or just want some more pep in your cars step? But all motor is fun just expensive

All Motor All The Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I’ve seen the risks involved with forced induction I would advise you to go all motor. Plus no-one will know you're fast until you push down the pedal. Go with the type r swap dude.

I think this is the kid that needs to hide everything from his parents, NA is prolly the best bet for him :)

sorry for bump..

however...depending on what your stock engine is, and what you want out of your car, I'd actually say a blend.

do some engine mods such as..piston heads, piston rings, and exhaust manifold ( if the kit doesn't come with one ) also an intercooler is reccomended, along with a boost timer as not to screw up your engine.

however..a turbo isn't a beginner upgrade.

if you want to put a turbo on, I'd do some engine, clutch and exhaust work first.

Engine, i already said. Some piston work and air intake work. as for clutch, I see a turbo like Nitrous, you're putting more strain and tq on your clutch so I'd replace it with even just a stage 1 from ACT or clutchmaster or somethin. then exhaust..hello!!! it's a turbo, really should run a better exhaust if you want to get anywhere above 7-8 PSI.

EDIT: I forgot to add, a new intake manifold would probablly be good too.

Back