Boosting A B18a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

90-91 B18A (non-OBD) should be good for about 8-10 psi right- 9.2:1 compression ratio is pretty boost friendly- But what problesm will i have as far as fuel management is concerned since the f-max kit is for 92 and up B18 (OBD I)-

My friend has a older LS motor like yours.. His is completly stock and has over 90k miles.... He is pushing 10-12psi on it.......

I would reccomend the Zdyne Gold, its the easiest method of tuning your obd0 setup, thats what he uses and he's made 237whp on 8psi on stock b18a....

there's nothin' wrong with low boost on a stock LS y0. but i would invest in proper engine management... i haven't herd how well the zdyne chip works with boost... but the afc hack works well... or you could go to obd1 and run hondata.

The Zdyne is very similar in abilities to the hondata. I don't know the specifics on the how-to side, but the Zdyne would be the best bet for that generation of car.

Z-Dyne Gold is good, I love mine, but it's lacking in some aspects. Hondata makes a kit for the OBD0 cars now. We are no longer the bastard children we've been for so long! Yay! :)

Back