Boosting wireless signal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so my boos is looking to get the wireless router to send a signal all the way to his house, not extremely far, but not too close

apparently the newgear or linksys one we have now sends a faint signal into the closest corner of the house...

any way to boost the signal?

whats the farthest wireless networking has gone so far?

bestbuy said about 100 meters indoors, and 400 meters outdoors?
is that the max's?

is the cantenna for real?

or is it like a tin can with a string attached to it?
lol

* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
** Only Repeats the Wireless Signal of:
1- D-Link AirPlus Xtreme Gâ„¢ DI-624 Wireless Router - Firmware 2.37 (Rev.C) or newer.
2- D-Link AirPlus Xtreme Gâ„¢ DWL-2000AP Wireless Access Point - Firmware 1.56 (Rev.A), 2.06 (Rev.:cool: or newer .
3- D-Link AirPlus Xtreme Gâ„¢ DWL-G800AP Wireless Range Extender.

son of a bitch

i have a netgear wgr614

its 802.11g but i dunno if the d-link will work with it...?

Wall-Plugged Ethernet Bridge
Model XE102

Key Benefits

Allows simultaneous shared Internet access across existing 110V Electrical Outlets
Works with 2 & 3 prong standard 110 volt electrical outlets
56-Bit DES Encryption network ensures privacy and security
Transfers data at speeds up to 14 mbps, faster than 802.11b wireless
Compatible with 10 Mbps or 10/100 Mbps Ethernet products
Click here to see a video clip of how to use the XE102 to supercharge your online gaming experience

Turns Any Electrical Outlet into a Home Network Connection
For a truly simple way to bring the Internet to any room in your home, look no further than NETGEAR's Wall-Plugged Ethernet Bridge. It plugs into an electrical outlet and uses your existing electrical wiring to give your entire household access to your Cable/DSL connection. With no expensive new wiring or cabling to install, your family can surf the Web, participate in online gaming, send and receive e-mail, and share files and printers, all from different rooms at the same time. Uncomplicated and very quick to install, it plugs right into a wall outlet, reducing clutter and saving valuable desk space. Designed for ease of use, it has new, easy-to-read icon LEDs, and protects your network communications from eavesdroppers and hackers, while not increasing your electricity bill.

i'm not sure this will work for me, i'm trying to connect 2 diffrent buildings, with seperate meters...

you can buy bigger antennas or make custom ones. placing it away from wireless phones and higher places usually help. ive seen people place like alum. foil and crazy home made shit that works, but i think it violates FCC regulations?

or you can junk and go mimo or pre-n. way faster than g and longer range.

The electric outlet won't work between buidlings.. I dont' think.. you best bet is some kind of wireless unidirectional antenna

If you have a linksys wrtg you can pul hacked firmware on it and bump up your power.. but.. it spreads into other channels making it a violation

well, we have the router for the office, for the network and diffrent work stations, the wireless is just an additional bonus that we just started using

my boss got a laptop from dell that came with a wireless card so i just hooked it up and got it working but now we're trying to get it to work in his house...

i dunno...

i'll have to do some more research i guess

so B, whats a point to point? or access point?

basically, its a BEAM of signal, instead of a circle.

you hook up 2 units to aim at each other and it passes the signal from A to B, but there is no reception in the dead zone

Back