boreing b18c block sleeve to 84mm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

japspec01

From all the info I have learned off this site I see no point in buying a b20b block. It has all the same internal specs as a b18b but with a wider 84mm sleeve. Is that all you have to do to make your b18b block a 2.0L ?What are the big benefits to boring out your sleeve to 84mm?

Also, My last car was a turbo eclipse and for those of you who have driven a turbo car its a whole lot of fun. I don't want to be without a turbo motor its like crack to me now. I cant seem to decide if I should build up a b18c block with 10.4:1 high compression pistons or 8.5:1 low compression pistons. All i want is 5-6 psi with a 14B turbo. I plan on building the complete block and getting forge rods and forge pistons. Should I drop the compression with that low of a boost? My plans are just to be over 200hp, and have boost bring up the torque to nearly as high as the horsepower.

if you plan to go to 84mm you NEED to resleeve it
the stock walls wont be able to handle anything that thin
you shouldnt have a problem being at 10.4:1 with only 5-6psi

more displacement = more hp,tq,potential

why mess with the pistons period? Its normal to run stock internals with boost that low. I can see lowering your compression if you are planning on higher boost but you should be fine. Also if you are planning on just having 200 whp you don't need to increase the size of your pistons.

i have a 93 hatch what would i gain by changin my 1.5 in to a 1.8 and would it be a hard thing to do

Originally posted by PhyRe@Feb 10 2004, 08:45 AM
i have a 93 hatch what would i gain by changin my 1.5 in to a 1.8 and would it be a hard thing to do

horsepower?? come on. lol what kind of question is that? lol

its farily easy if you get the proper motor (obd1 94-95)

no shit hp and tq he jsut said that i was wondering how much aka "what would i gain" = how much you tool
would it bring me up to a "stock" ex or r those 1.7

Originally posted by PhyRe@Feb 10 2004, 10:16 AM
no shit hp and tq he jsut said that i was wondering how much aka "what would i gain" = how much you tool

:nobreed: and you should :readfaq: and I wouldn't be suprised if you're :pissedoffban:
There's no way to judge how much power you're going to make. Every engine is different. If you read the FAQ you will know that these types of questions are not to be asked kid.
READ!!!

Originally posted by PhyRe@Feb 10 2004, 10:16 AM

i'll let your attitude slide THIS time.

<--- see that little bar that says admin? yeah... thats me. hi.

not only did you take this thread TOTALLY off topic, you were an ass about it.'

and thus, im closing it.

if you have a NEW question, make a NEW thread. it's not a difficult concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back