Boycott Hondata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

And the owner of hondata is pissed that someone else posted on a public domain some info or hints on how to use something better than their product and they later find out that they no longer have the demand that they had a few weeks before the said post?

Damn...if my head is spinning from the finger pointing and being a crybaby syndrome...then stop me and give me a beer....

I know that...I was around when they first started up...and I remember that they reversed engineered the ECU....the posts that I can remember...it was a glee of joy for honda owners, but Honda never...to the best of my knowledge....approved of it, or gave a license to their programming proprietary info on said ECU's... And Hondata never was sponsored in any way for normal operations of said ECU's for street use by Honda....that I know of.

Last edited:
the thing is, hondata spent the R&D to decode the electronics and make their own circuit boards to interface with the honda ecu. they never posted honda's ecu codes on their site.

:gives:

this lawsuit isnt going anywhere

the owner of the website cant be held responsible for what people will post on a public forum

he also took the information down in a timely manor

hondata is saying it wasnt fast enough

he has a valid excuse

this will get laughed out of court (if it even makes it that far)

how is that different from a bunch of teenagers that takes Microsoft's R&D for a program and turn it out to out perform the the said program, and they call it Microsofter's program..... then someone finds the Microsofters program and debugs the fixes, and decides to spread the word on how to make their program work better....and they call it Microsoftest's...and they make money on the original debuggers and re-versed engineering that the other hackers used...and they found a better way to use the software....but they weren't there first to hack it, or glamorized a name for the the original proprietaries work.

Honda should step in and sue the first hackers (HONDAta) to make them know where their place should be.

companies like superchips and other ecu modifiers have been doing this for some time now. i have nothing bad to say about hondata, without hondata i would not have my crome program and many of the rest of you guys have a cheap way to tune your vehicles. when i first got into hondas in the late 90s there really was nothing like hondata or ectune etc so i cant complain. i see hondatas point behind it, they make a ton of money on the k pro and spent the money to do it. im sure they know its only a matter of time before someone is able to do the same thing at half the price.

you mean, without buying your hondata, someone wouldn't have told you to just sell it and get tuned on Crome? That's the only way I see you getting Crome with your Hondata.

sad thing is this has about put dave in the poor house. he lives here in ohio pretty close to me. we call him blundar. trying to get the business off the ground has cost him alot, he is a real good guy and this sucks that this is going on. screw hondata, i prefer crome anyway.

long live Dave, tuning extrodinare.

Back