Brad's Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think I'm gonna put it on my mini-me tomorrow. I took the injectors off of a spare A6 IM to put on the Y8 IM. One of the injector filters was 100% blocked, I got them all cleaned out tho.

On Monday I'll probably bite the bullet and spend the god-dammed $75 for the fuel rail, its all I need. I'll keep ya updated.

Sik deal on that y8 manifold. I have a question though. I already installed my a6 manifold on my y8 head. If I bolt the y8 throttle body to it will it work better than the a6 manifold?. Sorry if this is considered "thread-jacking".

Sik deal on that y8 manifold. I have a question though. I already installed my a6 manifold on my y8 head. If I bolt the y8 throttle body to it will it work better than the a6 manifold?. Sorry if this is considered "thread-jacking".
No worries man. Just for you I look at both becauese I have both out of a car. The bolt pattern looks different.

Even if it did fit the size of the TB looks the same, I think most of the Y8's magic is in the mani itself.

So your saying the y8 mani is the way to go? lol im going today to try and pice everything i need for my mpfi swap together.

Y8 manifolds have the most stock flow for a D-Series. When I'm done I'll probably do a DIY write up.

So far I have the old one off and I'm almost done the wiring. Its been about 1.5 hrs, not too bad for a 15 year old.

Last edited:
100_3035.jpg

All in. I tried to strap down the D16A6 fuel rail but failed miserabely.

100_3041.jpg

100_3042.jpg

100_3043.jpg

I am looking to clean my transmission for cosmetic purposes, so I am wondering how you cleaned your y8 manifold so nicely.

Just engine degreaser, a toothbrush and a wire brush. Then spray it off with a hose.

When I pull that engine out I'm gonna use degreaser and a pressure washer.

I wanted a clean block so I decided to rebuild it, that and the fact that it had over 350k km. I was disassembling the rod assembly and was removing the compression ring and it snapped in half just taking it off the piston, as well as the machinist told me that the crankshaft was out-of-round (so he machined it). Sorry to thread jack and go off topic, but the point is that since it was dirty and I decided to do a rebuild I could not be happier to rebuild it after all the parts that were defective.

So your saying the y8 mani is the way to go? lol im going today to try and pice everything i need for my mpfi swap together.

If you need any help with the DPFI-MPFI swap, let me know. I have done this already; although there are many write-ups on it.

If you need any help with the DPFI-MPFI swap, let me know. I have done this already; although there are many write-ups on it.

ohh yea ima be needing help. the junkyard has been closed ima try tomorrow. i might be getting a whole d16z6 or a6 for like $200. :D

Definately go z6, it is a lot better. Also if you go a6/z6 mini-me your compression ratio would be very high (which is a good thing):)

Definately go z6, it is a lot better. Also if you go a6/z6 mini-me your compression ratio would be very high (which is a good thing):)

if i cant get it ill be doing a z6 head on my d15 and convert it to mpfi.

i don't really wanna jack this thread. so if you could talk my car in my thread in my siggy it would probably be good... lol

I really don't care.

I got my Z6 head from a wreker for $200. Then I had to go back and buy dizzy plugs and a oxygen sensor, cost me $25. Then the OBD1 conversion harness, $80....and I think that was about it.

I really don't care.

I got my Z6 head from a wreker for $200. Then I had to go back and buy dizzy plugs and a oxygen sensor, cost me $25. Then the OBD1 conversion harness, $80....and I think that was about it.

I'm getting my z6 head for 50 bucks from my cuzin if he ever meets me so i can get it. :)

(hope the douche reads this!) lmao

Back