1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser problem? (maybe)

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by Drock42, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Drock42

Drock42 Senior Member

Here at the office I have a cable connection and at home I have DSL. Here I have no
    problems accessing the site but at home I have to take out www. in order for the pages
    to load. I can't manage to log on with this process though. And it's not just this
    website...there are a select few that just won't load...I either get a message that the
    connection wasn't found or the website doesn't exist at this address. I am using mozillla
    1.7 but I get the same results if I use IE (shudder), which leads me to believe this isn't a
    browser issue. But what do I know...which is why I am turning to those of you that have a little more knowledge/experience about something like this. I'm fixing to head
    home...so I won't be able to post any new messages for a few days, but I will be able to at least see what input you guys have. So if any of you can help me I'd really
    appreciate it!

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

check your proxy settings. at home, they should all be blank.

3. Think

Think Senior Member

proxy server, restore all defaults on your browers, disable any anti virus/ firewall. and if none of those work, reinstall tcp/ip through your registry.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted