Bud Light or IPA

which?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Top Three:

1 - Sam Adams October Fest - On Tap
2 - Harpoon
3 - And For chillin, Bud Light

I wish October fest was here year round, that shit is the bomb.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Sep 12 2003, 03:57 AM
"Bud Light or IPA, which do you prefer"

that shouldn't even be a question
and the only answe should be IPA

I call Bud weasel piss.

Top Few I like
Harpoon IPA
Brooklyn Brand IPA
Long Trail IPA
Anchor Steam
New Castle
Guiness
and a few of our local micro brews that are like 10% alc by volume = good shit

Lemme guess, you listen to the dead and follow phish around and never go anywhere without your sandles and hackey sack right???

God damn hippies!!!!!!!! ;)

ohhhhhhhhh my fucking god.

you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hit that right on the fucking nose

Almost nailed it to the T.

I listen to the dead I also still follow the dead and phish
but I don't wear sandles or have a hackey sack
and I don't smell like dirty hippie trying to cover it up with petuli oil
if I were a true hippie I'd be drinking natty lite or pabst what the cheap as hippies drink

but that's not the reason I like good beer. I've had a passion for a good brew long before my touring days I guess I got it from my Dad we're I guess beer snobes.

My brother-in-law sitting around drinkin dinking sam adams lite comes up to me with a beer in a glass says, "hey this is the last one" I told him, "naw you can have it" then he insists I drink it first. So I do and I answer, "mmmmm Long Trail" His reply, "damn your good" He tries to stump me all the time.

Beer Chronicles with CRX-YEM this friday, be there or be square.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Sep 12 2003, 01:34 PM
Almost nailed it to the T.

I listen to the dead I also still follow the dead and phish
but I don't wear sandles or have a hackey sack
and I don't smell like dirty hippie trying to cover it up with petuli oil
if I were a true hippie I'd be drinking natty lite or pabst what the cheap as hippies drink

but that's not the reason I like good beer. I've had a passion for a good brew long before my touring days I guess I got it from my Dad we're I guess beer snobes.

My brother-in-law sitting around drinkin dinking sam adams lite comes up to me with a beer in a glass says, "hey this is the last one" I told him, "naw you can have it" then he insists I drink it first. So I do and I answer, "mmmmm Long Trail" His reply, "damn your good" He tries to stump me all the time.

The reason I know that was because back in school, there were 4 kinds of people:

1. the poor ass college students who drank nothing but Schlitz and Natty Light because they couldn't afford any normal GOOD tasting beer (Brian)

2. The geeky band camp kids who drank IPA'a and home brews because these kids thought they were really cool (Noah, Darcy)

3. The Hippy kids who drank IPA's because if you were into the Dead and Phish, it was trendy to do while playing hacky sack, hittin the bowl and bradin the dirty ass nappy hair into dreads (Dennis)

4. The Party kids who hung out at all the different partys with all the different groups and all they did was get tanked all day and night. (Me, Steve)

I guess I'm confused at what everyone is referring to when they throw around the term "IPA". it seems like everyone is using it as a generalized term to describe any beer that isn't a mass produced domestic (miller, bud, busch, etc.)

IPA stands for India Pale Ale and got that name because back in the day when there were british troops in India and they had to get beer to them without it going bad on the trip there from the UK they just added more hops (which is a preservative) so that it would make the trip. The extra hops gives it a different flavor than normal pale ales and has since then been in its own class of beers as an IPA

I drink it all and was pretty much raise on Grain Belt Premium (local to MN, not sure if you can get it anywhere else but it isn't a micro brew)
but when I go out and buy beer it is usually an imported lager, amber ale, or a nut brown ale like Newcastle ::mmm::

IPA's are normally NOT mass produced beers but made by different companies and are usually more heavy in flavor and after taste.....Its just an easier way to describe those types of beers. You ask most people if they drink an IPA or something like Bud Light and they will instantly know what you are talking about, a thicker beer, or a lighter beer......

The closest I could even come to anything like that would be a Sam Adams, and even that, I can only drink one or two at the max......

Give me a Bud light anyday......

Originally posted by quicksi@Sep 12 2003, 10:07 AM
1. the poor ass college students who drank nothing but Schlitz and Natty Light because they couldn't afford any normal GOOD tasting beer (Brian)

me???????

naw... i gre up on $5 all you can drink keggers :p

Originally posted by quicksi@Sep 12 2003, 11:26 AM
You ask most people if they drink an IPA or something like Bud Light and they will instantly know what you are talking about, a thicker beer, or a lighter beer......

The closest I could even come to anything like that would be a Sam Adams, and even that, I can only drink one or two at the max......

Give me a Bud light anyday......

I replied to this thread before I realized it was in the NE regional forum....
that said maybe up in the NE area it is regional slang to call non domestics IPA's

but in my opinion that is like calling every nitrous setup "NOS"

IPA's are deffinatly heavier than a bud or a bud light but an IPA is still a Pale Ale which isn't exactly a thick beer
stouts and porters are thick

budweiser is a Lager (brewed with a bottom fermenting yeast)

an IPA is an Ale (brewed with top fermenting yeast)

but IPA only covers one small portion of the spectrum of different types of ales and it covers an even smaller portion of non-domestics

Corona is about the only shit i touch.

Domeskilla.... I'm very sorry about your piss drinking habit, just because they have television adds doesn't mean it's a good beer

Originally posted by quicksi@Sep 12 2003, 10:07 AM
The reason I know that was because back in school, there were 4 kinds of people:

2. The geeky band camp kids who drank IPA'a and home brews because these kids thought they were really cool (Noah, Darcy)

3. The Hippy kids who drank IPA's because if you were into the Dead and Phish, it was trendy to do while playing hacky sack, hittin the bowl and bradin the dirty ass nappy hair into dreads (Dennis)

4. The Party kids who hung out at all the different partys with all the different groups and all they did was get tanked all day and night. (Me, Steve)

I'm more of a mix between 3 and 4
I never really did play wit ha hack I sucked at it. to make up for it I partied alot.

Back