Budget LS/Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BseriesKllR

Ok this gonna be on a tight budget this is what i have a complete b16a swap and a b18a long block(free). Now i was thinking instead of using arp rod bolts because the ls ones cant handle the high revs why not use b16a rod bolts i was also gonna use pr3 b16a pistons should be 11.5:1. Im supposed to use a gsr timing belt and a ls head gasket correct?...i plan to just clean up the head maybe a mild port and port the i/m. Throw on a ITR exhaust manifold and intake, b16 got 8lb flywheel and excedy clutch so im using thoughs....anything else important im missing...this will all be going into a 89 crx hf.

well im also doing a ls/vtec but i got a b16 head b16 jdm hydro tranny and b18a short block wit oil pan included than i got the gsr timign belt gsr water pump and gsr cams and cam gears and gsr distributor and a type-r oil pump im going turbo so i got wiseco pistons and crower rods 9.1 compression and i also got a dc 4-1 header till i get turbo arts and i have the golden eagle ls/vtec conversion system which included the gasket for the block and head to go together perfect with no worries and oil lines for the vtec and plugs and dowel pins . i spent around 4200 buying all these parts and im finished now i also got the new 99-00Si enjo mounts . , your set up is good all you need is a type-r oil pump and you'll be straight and you also need new mounts to put that thing in the crx also i would recomend you get better axles too

i already have place racing mounts and 90 integra axles and i was planning on using the b16 oil pump basically all i need is headgasket..$60 and timing belt $35 im debating on arp headstuds though. im going the old school way and making the extra oil lines.

sounds ok....Im not too sure on the LS/B16 Rod bolt issues. ARP rod bolts are cheap anyway, why not just get them? and u have to change out the dowels.

Back