Building D16Z6 for Boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SLOW HB

I just got D16Z6 and im looking to build it for turbo, I would like to know what all needs to be done, and i would like to run as high psi as possible. I was going to do DOHC but the money is a little much, so id rather build the D16. All help is appreciated.

How much power do you want and how much money do you have? A healthy D16Z6 can make 200whp easy with a bolt-on turbo kit, and that's almost double the power you have stock.

By the way, I took the picture out of your signature. We don't allow that here on HondaSwap.

looking to get as much horse as possible, i have someone where around 3-3200 to spend on it, Just need to know parts i should get and waht i should to too build the block/head and such.

Building your block internally won't leave you enough cash in your budget to put together a decent turbo system... unless you go with a junkyard setup, and I wouldn't push one of those hard enough to justify strengthened internals.

I would just get a leakdown test and compression test done to make sure your engine is healthy, and if it is- buy a bolt-on turbo kit (or put one together yourself), then get the assorted electronics you need for monitoring the system (gauges) and to get a little more push out of it (boost controller, turbo timer, tuning devices).

Back