1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building D16Z6 for Boost

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by SLOW HB, Jul 24, 2003.

1. SLOW HB

SLOW HB Member

I just got D16Z6 and im looking to build it for turbo, I would like to know what all needs to be done, and i would like to run as high psi as possible. I was going to do DOHC but the money is a little much, so id rather build the D16. All help is appreciated.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

How much power do you want and how much money do you have? A healthy D16Z6 can make 200whp easy with a bolt-on turbo kit, and that's almost double the power you have stock.

By the way, I took the picture out of your signature. We don't allow that here on HondaSwap.

3. SLOW HB

SLOW HB Member

looking to get as much horse as possible, i have someone where around 3-3200 to spend on it, Just need to know parts i should get and waht i should to too build the block/head and such.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Building your block internally won't leave you enough cash in your budget to put together a decent turbo system... unless you go with a junkyard setup, and I wouldn't push one of those hard enough to justify strengthened internals.

I would just get a leakdown test and compression test done to make sure your engine is healthy, and if it is- buy a bolt-on turbo kit (or put one together yourself), then get the assorted electronics you need for monitoring the system (gauges) and to get a little more push out of it (boost controller, turbo timer, tuning devices).

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted