1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building Step by Step

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by ridenrunwv, Jun 12, 2009.

1. ridenrunwv

ridenrunwv New Member

I am new to Hondas but just got a 1991 Civic Hatch from a friend for really cheap and wanted to build a motor for it for a race / fun street car. It will not be a daily driver so I will be building it for power more than driveability. I am going to be building the motor as I get the money though... If I shop around and build the motor from the block up as I find good deals on parts will I save money over saving up and buying a motor swap and then tearing it down and rebuilding it? I am going to build the motor to boost and plan on putting in all aftermarket internals and drivetrain. My other question was whether a nonvtec b18 would be good since I plan on boosting it or will I still want to shell out the extra money for the vtec?

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Up to you om the motor. Non-VTEC motors are easier to deal with and tune for a turbo set up

But a $ VTEC $ motor can give you bigger gains with a good tune (at a higher cost)

3. ridenrunwv

ridenrunwv New Member

I am probably not going to go vtec just because of the extra cost. Correct me if I'm wrong but from my research it would cost a reasonable amount more to build a vtec motor. I would rather put that extra money towards a turbo set up.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted