Building Step by Step

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ridenrunwv

I am new to Hondas but just got a 1991 Civic Hatch from a friend for really cheap and wanted to build a motor for it for a race / fun street car. It will not be a daily driver so I will be building it for power more than driveability. I am going to be building the motor as I get the money though... If I shop around and build the motor from the block up as I find good deals on parts will I save money over saving up and buying a motor swap and then tearing it down and rebuilding it? I am going to build the motor to boost and plan on putting in all aftermarket internals and drivetrain. My other question was whether a nonvtec b18 would be good since I plan on boosting it or will I still want to shell out the extra money for the vtec?

Up to you om the motor. Non-VTEC motors are easier to deal with and tune for a turbo set up

But a $ VTEC $ motor can give you bigger gains with a good tune (at a higher cost)

I am probably not going to go vtec just because of the extra cost. Correct me if I'm wrong but from my research it would cost a reasonable amount more to build a vtec motor. I would rather put that extra money towards a turbo set up.

Back