building the head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrydogSIR

JDM EF8
I just recently bought my toda stroker kit after almost 4 months of saving but now i have aquestion or two, Ive been looking at using all buddy club valvetrain and cams(Stage 4) or skunk2 valvetrain with pro series(stage 3) cams, If i could get some opinions on buddy club and skunk2 that would be awesome? i am planning on getting the king motorsports stage 1 head prep. please give opinions thanx

Either brand makes good stuff, you will have to decide on what you want. But I dont recommend that radical of a cam if this is going to be a daily driver. Also the higher lift cams like that like alot of compression. I am not sure what kind of compression ratio you are going to run but if you are going to run it on the street alot a stage 1 or 2 cam setup might be a better option. Also make sure you check piston to valve clearance if you are going for the stage 4 cams.

Remember that adding more mods on a stock head would lead to bogging in purge solenoid system and denotation if you were to obtain agressive cams you will have higher lift and the valves would not close at it duration leading to back up air pressure and misfires. Be aware to tune the fuel management and to not retard to much on cams and too much advance on cam gears because idle would be funny at 2500rpm at idle

Back