built c1 bottom compared to c5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dont like the idea of stroking the b16, deck height is just too small. the toda pistons are nice, they weigh less than the CTR pistons, but similar in design. plus they are forged. stock bore is 81mm to give you 12.3:1 CR
best bore depends on condition of your cylinder walls. if they're messed up, you need to bore until its correct. maxing out at 82mm

screw it heres the setup.... gsr or itr bottom end with a balanced crank, toda forged pistons, spec c cams, port and polish with a 5 angle valve job. i also didn't forget the support mods like the oil pump gear timing belt ect. and if course the bolt ons and hondata. intake and exhuast were free too. this should hit well over 200+whp right and put me in the 12's right?

thats some cash too. lol

yes, should be a little over 200 whp... i say from 200-220 whp depending on tuning and other bolt ons you may have. the toda pistons are kinda pricey i think. might want to consider other types of forged pistons, JE, arias, wiesco? just to name a few.

yeah i agree. i think they are like 280-300$ where i'm getting them i think? lol but yeah i've always liked je pistons and i was going to use them but they for the cams to use the toda wich i dont really see the difference but i was just going to play it safe.

clay the motor when assembling and you'll be safe.

Originally posted by Iquark+Dec 29 2003, 02:33 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 28 2003, 03:18 PM
pissedoffsol
@Dec 28 2003, 04:30 AM
you're going to need more compression to hit 200 whp.

Not really- I watched a stock bottom end GSR block with no P&P- just bolt ons and bolt "ins" make 195whp on the dyno... with the slight bump in compression that the ITR has over the GSR, 200whp would be attainable, especially with a good port and polish job.

Hey calesta, what bolt-ins did that GSR have in it might I ask?

Let's see....

Skunk2 Stage1 cams
Skunk2 intake manifold
Comptech header
Not sure on exhaust... but it doesn't make too much difference
Short ram intake
Hondata

That's it.

Back