Built right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

serrilion

In my own little world!
Hey guys... here is my engine build... * Updated Pics... 11/2/2010

H22A1 - OBD1

Building the motor for a turbo set up... Pictures of the tear down and now the new parts... I will post the engine due to its in the shop and I get it back soon with the new sleeves in it :)

The engine will be sporting Darton sleaves, SCAT conecting rods, JE pistons, ACL barrings and King engine barrings, The head will have Brain Crower Stage 2 cams with the Brian Crower retaining kit and valves. The cam gears are AEM Tru Cam gears. Also got a Aeromotive a1000 fuel in tank pump to feed the AEM fuel rail with RC 1000 injectors.... We have gone with a turbonetics t3/t4 hybrid for this set up, we have also decided to go with an HKS tital blow off valve... im sure im missing some parts... but here is the parts that have come in... more parts to come :).... oh dyno shop is hopping to put out 500 HP at the crank ;)
IMG00481-20100407-1832.jpg

IMG00482-20100407-1833.jpg

IMG00483-20100407-1833.jpg

IMG00484-20100407-1833.jpg

IMG00485-20100407-1834.jpg

Heads.jpg

MissingTimingTensonor.jpg

Motorout3.jpg

Pistons.jpg

Last edited:
said somewhere that hes looking to make 500whp

and this setup is definitely capable. nice build! :thumbsup:

nice, maybe ill get to this level someday. i just plan on doing an H22A4 swap, naturally aspirated, with a light weight flywheel though.

Come this weekend guys, the motor will be back from the shop... then the parts start to get installed :)..... The engine is cost me I 1,100 to have the sleaves put into the block. The Cam and Cam kit cost me almost 2,000. So i would say for the motor alone some were between 3-5,000 lol... More to come this weekend when we get the block back from the shop... hehe

That's a nice build rite there..u kno if I can sleeve my blokk later on after its been built with forged pistons nd rods, the qs is can I used da same pistons if I wanted to sleeve in the future ( money issue) lol..

That's a nice build rite there..u kno if I can sleeve my blokk later on after its been built with forged pistons nd rods, the qs is can I used da same pistons if I wanted to sleeve in the future ( money issue) lol..
As long as the pistons are in working order you will be able to reuse them. You'll just need new rings. Next time make your own thread.

Sweet looking build serrilion.

Ya she hopefully we get it together this weekend... proably have her 1st start up on Wed :) least were hopping... I will deff post that along with pictures :)... then the turbo parts go on hehe thats a bit later tho

ohh glad to see another build thread.

it seems we are growing up and not really doing alot of these anymore.

best of luck to you sir. cant wait to see this thing put together!

Damn been 6 months... Well guess that what happens when you are over seas. So im going home finaly. The motor finaly was sleaved and redone... We sent the head out to be checked for cracks in what not.. None. Finaly got all the parts in, as some had to be placed on back order... I have some pictures for all of u... im home next week and will start the putting together process haha... anyways enjoy about 6-8,000 worth of parts and fun hehe.. :)
(Sleaved H22A1 and Looking Sexxy)
DSCF3325.jpg

(OLD Type S pistons, who woulda thought?)
DSCF3332.jpg

DSCF3326.jpg

(The Shop... and No im putting motor together in my house lol no dust)
DSCF3327.jpg

( A car robed of its life)
DSCF3328.jpg

(A Car starting a new life)
DSCF3329.jpg

( USDM Heads...strange JDM Bottom USDM Top?)
DSCF3330.jpg

( The Trans with some goodies soon to come)
DSCF3331.jpg

(Waste Gate, will work for my HP goals)
DSCF3333.jpg

( Intake Mani with new fuel Rail)
DSCF3334.jpg

( All the engine Parts and Nick Nac Crap, Turbo kit was hidding)
DSCF3343.jpg

(Best Gasket Set money can buy)
DSCF3344.jpg

(255LHP in tank Pump... 1000cc RC Fuel Injectors)
DSCF3345.jpg

( The Rod of doom)
DSCF3346.jpg

( Stage 3 Turbo Cams from BC)
DSCF3347.jpg

(Skunk 2 Agj Cam Gears)
DSCF3348.jpg

(Greedy Kevlar Timing belt w Instructions)
DSCF3351.jpg

DSCF3352.jpg

DSCF3353.jpg

Other parts soon to come in pictures... T3/ T4 40mm turbo with love Fab Mini Mani... HKS or RS BOV, and exauhst.... also have new rims Tenzo DC6 V1

All i got for now next week maybe an N/A start up woot woot!

Beautiful. All the DOHCness of an H22 with more security than a factory sleeved f22 block. Awesome.

hehe my car gets the best parts I can afford.... After all I wouldn't give my other 1/2 a fake dimoind in a ring... so im not going to give my prelude any fake parts.. she deserves better :)

Not exactly sure on that one, that is another pickle in our plan atm... As the old Tensioner snaped off before i got the car, but the motor still ran fine... I would like to go with a Manual but we will see, will know in about 2 weeks or less when we get her N/A vid up lol

Back