Bush is not bringing troops home.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mms://68.178.174.134/BigMan/Terrorists.wmv

an interesting solution to Iraq

Quoted post[/post]]
yea, cause there's so much oil in alaska... :rollseyes:

If there was that much oil under Alaska, those rich bastards would have plundered it LONG AGO.

The Republicans always try to put a band-aid on a compound fracture. With Alaska, it's business as usual. Besides, do ANY OF YOU honestly think they want to pump MORE oil? Hah, right. Why flood the market with 20 dollar a barrel oil when the current situation keeps it floating near 70 dollars? They (meaning you guys infallable president, his right hand man, the Saudis and all the big oil companies) don't want cheap oil, they want EXPENSIVE oil. The best way to get it... pump LESS.

It's neat, actually. Working harder in the oil industry produces less profit than slacking off. A stable middle east where oil drilling and refining is unobstructed makes cheaper oil than a middle east where refineries and pipelines are destroyed. Sure, those pipelines and refineries might cost a lot, but with all those wonderful no-bid contracts from the government, it isn't their pocket its coming out of.

So, we get two dicks in the ass... while ExxonMobil posts profit margins that makes God himself cream his shorts.

The war in the Middle East isn't failing at all... it's actually working out exactly as they want.

Also, why do you think the Republicans hate Hugo Chavez? They'd love to make you think it's because he's an evil dictator of some coup that controls his country with an iron fist. Strange how he is a democratically elected leader who currently enjoys an approval rating TWO TIMES that of our president here at home. Doesn't sound like an evil person to me.

It has a little bit to do with Venezuela having LOTS of oil under their land and a leader who is willing to sell it to us for cheap (or even give it away for free! Chavez offered tens of thousands of gallons of gasoline to the USA FOR FREE in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, and ya know what? Bush turned 'em down. I don't know about any of you, but when I am clinging on to my life from the roof of my house with water all around, I could care less what the nationality of the person is who helps me out). On top of that, he pledged the profits of Venezuelan oil to the poor of his country! Once again, he doesn't sound so bad.

That puts a big ol kink in their plans. Big enough that they have to pull out their Christian evangelists to call for an assassination of him. Hmmmm... isn't that borderline TERRORISM? Why hasn't Bush denounced this guy's words? Makes ya think.

there's 2 things about the alaskan oil works that bother me...

#1 is that sure its clean and safe at every point, UNTIL there is an accident...
and accidents can and will happen, look into the safety precautions in place now...

#2, the alaskan land/wildlife preserve belongs to ALL americans as a whole, its there to be protected and saved for future generations, etc...
who will profit from drilling there? ALL americans? i doubt it
more money goes into the pockets of big business, particuarially the oil industry...

its about time big business stopped raping the people that support them...

/end rant

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yea, cause there's so much oil in alaska... :rollseyes:

If there was that much oil under Alaska, those rich bastards would have plundered it LONG AGO.

The Republicans always try to put a band-aid on a compound fracture. With Alaska, it's business as usual. Besides, do ANY OF YOU honestly think they want to pump MORE oil? Hah, right. Why flood the market with 20 dollar a barrel oil when the current situation keeps it floating near 70 dollars? They (meaning you guys infallable president, his right hand man, the Saudis and all the big oil companies) don't want cheap oil, they want EXPENSIVE oil. The best way to get it... pump LESS.

It's neat, actually. Working harder in the oil industry produces less profit than slacking off. A stable middle east where oil drilling and refining is unobstructed makes cheaper oil than a middle east where refineries and pipelines are destroyed. Sure, those pipelines and refineries might cost a lot, but with all those wonderful no-bid contracts from the government, it isn't their pocket its coming out of.

So, we get two dicks in the ass... while ExxonMobil posts profit margins that makes God himself cream his shorts.

The war in the Middle East isn't failing at all... it's actually working out exactly as they want.

Also, why do you think the Republicans hate Hugo Chavez? They'd love to make you think it's because he's an evil dictator of some coup that controls his country with an iron fist. Strange how he is a democratically elected leader who currently enjoys an approval rating TWO TIMES that of our president here at home. Doesn't sound like an evil person to me.

It has a little bit to do with Venezuela having LOTS of oil under their land and a leader who is willing to sell it to us for cheap (or even give it away for free! Chavez offered tens of thousands of gallons of gasoline to the USA FOR FREE in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, and ya know what? Bush turned 'em down. I don't know about any of you, but when I am clinging on to my life from the roof of my house with water all around, I could care less what the nationality of the person is who helps me out). On top of that, he pledged the profits of Venezuelan oil to the poor of his country! Once again, he doesn't sound so bad.

That puts a big ol kink in their plans. Big enough that they have to pull out their Christian evangelists to call for an assassination of him. Hmmmm... isn't that borderline TERRORISM? Why hasn't Bush denounced this guy's words? Makes ya think.
while you make good points about Venezuela, it is only a good place to live if you have money. thats why all rich communities are surrounded by walls and armed guards. my mom's friend and husband were some of those rich people. however now they are in America barely getting by, living in another family member's house. wonder why?

Everything that Chavez has done was in response to an actual or a threat of a revolution.

Everything he does is just to keep his people from revolting.

Right, and thanks for the sensible post. He's still not doing a damned thing for education, business, or human rights. He's just giving a destitute population lots of money to buy more stupid shit.

Right, and thanks for the sensible post. He's still not doing a damned thing for education, business, or human rights. He's just giving a destitute population lots of money to buy more stupid shit.

thats gotta be better than just giving more money to the rich right?
and better than raping the country's oil assets and turning the money over to corp's...?
right?

it might not be helping his image, but by his words, you still know what he means. believe me, i know that the richest 2% of americas population pay about 90% of the total collected taxes. i do know that, but when i get a raise, and really, when i find myself in a good general position, i tend to share more as well. is an extra 100,000 a lot to ask from a person who pulls 500 mil a year? i really dont think so. in retrospect. i make about 38,000 a year....that same ratio is...7.60 cents from my 38,000 bucks. i tip my waiteress more at olive garden....stop with the fucking tax breaks....thats shit pisses me off more than anything.

as for the second part of the statement...paraphrasing really is hurting you...you make it sound like we are overthere like groucho marx stealing oil in a little pail while no one is looking. in actuallity we are really just insuring the continued profits for most of the people that got G W elected (by contributing to his campaign, dont read into that you liberal hating natzis out there). GW's state of the union mentioned alternative energy sources like hydrogen cells rather than oil....guess what, hydrogen is cheaper than oil, and the profitability in production is pretty friggin horrible. Not dissing capitalism or anything but if there is no money to be made in it, then only the "hippies" are going to actually invest time and money into finding something that works at a low price. even then, that technology is only a check or a 'mysterious hunting accident' away from disappearing for another few years.

And for turning money over to other corps...i just have two questions to ask....Who is the vice president? What company has been given the most defense contracts in Iraq? (if you dont know, google halliburton scandal)

There is such a thing as an informed liberal, and most of you bush loving conseritives might be wise to remember it.

yeah, ive been quiet about this for a while, but ive been hearing a lot of the BUSH IS DOING A GREAT JOB bullshit as i go to yet ANOTHER friend's funeral. 2004 was a bad year (Most of the infantry in Fallujah was from Ft. Hood, TX) and 2006 is not looking much better. I dont know how you can still support George Bush. Ill admit that the washington post isnt always the best place for right [wing] opinions, but they are usually pretty fair (as far as i can tell). they arent always bush bashing (as can be seen in this article) but when bush nails his own coffin shut as seen in that article:

"Bush's presidency has been swallowed by the war. He barely pretends to have a domestic agenda anymore. He took a half-hearted stab Tuesday at knocking down the idea that his legislative cupboard is bare-'we've got an agenda,' he insisted--but he was closer to the truth when asked what happened to the political capital that he bragged about having after his re-election: 'I'd say I'm spending that capital on the war.'

its kinda hard to stick with him.

</liberalranting>

sorry been hearing a lot of bush love lately and i was just about ready to snap...just happend to do it on HondaSwap.

Back