Buying a car soon, Advice is nice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yup, sounds like good advice. i talked to a friend who knows my other friend who helped put in the new engine (if that makes sence) and he said the blew up the first engine completly... so i reall am discouraged to buy now. anyone have something nice to offer????

still looking for an accord if that helps any? but really if you all have any cars that are for sale deffinently fill me in, ill look at any honda no problem. dosent have to be an accord.

Sounds like a big bag of rice to me buddy. I say that because i bought a 97 with a body kit once. i got shitted on. All i can say is make sure your seller knows more about cars than tacking on a body kit. lol.

EDIT: Sorry i didnt realize you were already talked out of it. Good Call tho.

Last edited:
OK NEW INFO!

seller droped it to 2g's
now im interested again.
i need a car. this cant be that bad....?

this cant be that bad....?

I guess you could look at it that way. But then again, there's a reason why he's having to drop his price so low, and that reason is because the car's not selling. If it was worth the money don't you think it would have sold by now?

The transmission issue just sends up a red flag in my mind. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear. It's your choice man, buy it if it's what you want. I'm just trying to give you an objective opinion...

I guess you could look at it that way. But then again, there's a reason why he's having to drop his price so low, and that reason is because the car's not selling. If it was worth the money don't you think it would have sold by now?

The transmission issue just sends up a red flag in my mind. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear. It's your choice man, buy it if it's what you want. I'm just trying to give you an objective opinion...

i completly understand your oppinion on the transmission... but im making some adjustments for that situation. i told him that if i planed to buy the car that i would have to take it to a friend of mine (a mechanic that i know really well) and have him look at it. see what he thinks aout it.
also, he dropped the price because he wants me to buy it. he is planning on putting a down payment on a new car and her wants the money relativley soon. also he was really reluctant to offer it for 2G's so i dont think hes really shoping the car around. i think im the only person who he has really talked about it to...

Well if you can have it checked out by a reputable mechanic then yeah, definitely do that...

What are you having trouble with? If you can't figure out the gallery here just put them up on PhotoBucket or your MySpace or something and link to them...

Did he get in an accident or something? That fender's going to need replaced, and it seems like the corner lens might be screwed up too.

I dunno dude. I'd probably skip it personally, or offer less, but I guess it's up to you. At least it does have some rims on it what appears to be some performance-oriented tires with decent tread left, so that's a plus I guess. It's up to you man. Definitely take it to a mechanic before you buy...I think you said you were going to, right?

yeah im going to have to take it to a mechanic. also, i think it might need some new struts and shocks.... dunno...

and yeah, the fender is busted, but he has the part to replace it, ill have to replace it my self most likley.

Back