Buying Type-R what u guyz think???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 16 2004, 11:11 PM
I would save a little more money up. A swap never goes as plan. Always have money for other things. Before that thing goes in, put a new timing belt and water pump on. You have no clue as to how many miles are on that thing, and how the last person treated it. Prostreetonline.com has a package deal were you get all that for like $120. Also, while it is out, you might as well do the clutch.

your tellin me. i was recomended to buy the same shit, water pump, timing belt, clutch, new coolant, oil, filter and other shit. alot of those motors have been sitting for a while and those little parts will crack or come apart within a few weeks. so do yourself a favor and same an extra $500 for an after market clutch and other stuff. i lucky have a connection with a certified honda mechanic and he got those at discount. :D

your tellin me. i was recomended to buy the same shit, water pump, timing belt, clutch, new coolant, oil, filter and other shit. alot of those motors have been sitting for a while and those little parts will crack or come apart within a few weeks. so do yourself a favor and same an extra $500 for an after market clutch and other stuff. i lucky have a connection with a certified honda mechanic and he got those at discount. 

Ur not the only one wit connects at honda lol where u think those si's came from wink wink nah j/p my brother workz there so if i need it i got it

That hmotorsonline link up above doesn't include axles linkage or suspension and its still $4100 plus shipping

my aunt just happens to live in Manassass so i'm gonna go check it out myself. C ya when i get back

Guyz i think i'm gonna take a gamble on this one but if u turn out to b right and the motor is a piece of trash i'll just sell it, it comes with a complete front suspension too with brakes, calipers, control arms etc. so if worst comes to worst i'll just sell it locally and start all over. I spoke to the guy and they are located in VA and i plan to have some family check them out b4 throwing any money at them.

oh yea and i don't care about the harness itz for RHD Right-Hand-Drive and won't fit my setup anyway but if things do turn out good i'll have some stuff for sale for u guyz like the P73 and maybe the 4 lug suspension but hey only time will tell.

hate ebay, I would buy if from a reputable place and not some kid

exactly it doesn't matter what the harness looks like, it won't do you any good, except for a few connectors. When I got my swap it had the wiring for the entire car. What a mess of wires.

Is there any difference in parts or performance between the jdm itr 96-97model and the 98+ model because everywhere i look the 98+ model always costs a bit more???????? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

98+ has a few differences

4.785 final drive in the tranny
stainless steel 4-1 header w/ 2.5" collector
stronger springs on the intake cams
carbon fiber-esque spark plug wire cover
chrome oil cap

possibly a few other small things

00+ have a slightly more agressive intake cam profile (same as the CTR)

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Jan 16 2004, 08:13 PM
i just checked the ebay link. thats NOT the official hmotorsonline. the REAL hmotorsonline is in Cali. DON'T GET THAT EBAY PIECE OF SHIT.

Go here for a B18C5

He never said it was from hmotorsonline...he said

i cannot afford one of these from hmotorsonline.com.

He was asking if he should buy this one because he couldn't afford the one from hmotors online.

But yes, hmotorsonline is in cali...i bought my Xsi motor from Steve and the guys at hmotors. Drove all the way down there my self and picked it up. :p

And for my two cents about whether or not to buy that motor on e-bay...i say no...like pissdoffsol said the harness is hacked to shit and the casing is missing...plus e-bay is full of scamming mother fuckers...you gotta be carefull especially with things in that price range. I'd want to see it in person first.

If you want the swap 4k isn't bad for an ITR. The place looks like they have a good track history of selling motors, just look at their feedback. But definately replace all of the small stuff like the dude said.

Originally posted by Hatch-R@Jan 16 2004, 12:03 AM
Buying swap for the first time, jdm B18C (Type-R) want to know if this looks good??? cuz i have exactly 4k to spend and i cannot afford one of these from hmotorsonline.com. Would u guyz get this if u had the money?????Honestly i have never heard of these guyz b4 but they fit in my price range but u guyz lemme know what u think............. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

oh yea it's going to get swapped into my EG

The LINK to the motor i'm looking at gettin is at the bottom!!!!!

LINK---> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

Wait a second, you have 4000 dollars and you can't afford one from HMO??? The type R is 4100 bucks...surely you can save up another 100 dollars plus some shipping?

It's either spend 4000 on an engine that you have NO idea whether it's seized or something is broken. Or you spend 4500-4600 on an engine that's GUARANTEED to be running and in good condition PLUS you get other guarantees ontop of it. Save up some more and buy from HMO..

You'll be happier. :nod:

WELL WELL WELL...................

Thanx for all your input guyz i recieved my motor on friday...........

They sent all kind of extras......
1) 4 lug itr front suspension including brakes and front brace
2) Right Hand Drive entire car wiring harness (a whole lot of unusable wires lol)
3) mint motor, tranny and shift linkage nothing broken on motor
4) they sent a P72 instead of P73 (wrong ECU) but i called and they will replace it
5) axles were missing boots and they will also replace axles with fresh new ones

but other than them sending the wrong ECU and the axle thing i can't complain, i made out pretty good. They're shipping is crazy fast it got here in 2 days.

I would recommend them to anyone, i got this motor for $3795 shipped it was a steal. These guys sell this same setup normally for $4000 plus $200 shipping but every once in a while they auction a few off.

By the way the front suspension and ECU will soon be up for sale if anyone is interested.

Back