buying used games

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Which is exactly why I don't buy from GameStop. If they were actually offering any type of significant discount on used games then I might consider it, but if they're only going to knock off $5 from the price of a recently-released game then I'd rather just pay that 5 extra dollars and get a fresh copy sealed from the factory rather then one that's been sitting around at God knows who's house.

I really don't even know how places like GameStop stay in business. They give you next to nothing for trade-ins and then turn around and charge other people almost full price for used games...

That's why I still don't shop at Gamestop. A "new" game is still not sealed unless they just got it in. If you change your mind then full returns are a no-go. A couple years ago I bought Halo I think from them and it was supposed to be "new" but had scratches on the disc, probably from how they handled it.

Just curious, do you guys move your Xbox's around a lot? Or does your Internet service suck, or what? I mean, I completely agree that it's dumb what they did with this exclusive content, but I have my PS3 and Xbox plugged right into my router, so they're always online...

i can't always have mine plugged in. i have a 25ft long cable running from the kitchen to the living room and with the traffic my apartment receives it just sucks.

its not worth it to me to drop the cash on the wireless adapter.

I got screwed over by comcast at my last apartment and did without it instead of dealing with them. They were the only allowable provider there. My friend I've lived with now lives in an old as house in k historic district (read shit for wiring) that would require hundreds of feet of ethernet cord to reach my room. Im not bothering to rig anything up as im moving out at the end of this month and heading back to Ohio.

I have been seriously considering Gamefly so I don't have to deal with any of the bullshit. There are a hand full of games that I know for a fact I will be purchasing anyway. So really Gamefly would be a good fit for me.

i can't always have mine plugged in. i have a 25ft long cable running from the kitchen to the living room and with the traffic my apartment receives it just sucks.

its not worth it to me to drop the cash on the wireless adapter.
the wireless adapters arent all that great either, the N adapter is the same as the old G adapter, I didnt see any difference in speed at all, I dont recommend the wireless adapters unless u really need to be wireless.

to me its best to be wired

and thatone good point about the ps3 is it will show what speeds u are connect at, wish the xbox would do that

I have been seriously considering Gamefly so I don't have to deal with any of the bullshit. There are a hand full of games that I know for a fact I will be purchasing anyway. So really Gamefly would be a good fit for me.
not bad for 8.95 a month, at least if the game is bad you can send it back and try a new one

I dont buy new games enough for it to matter really so I'd give gamefly a try. I only buy te games I know I could play endlessly. Hell, I still play GTA4 whenever I need to work out my RAGE!

That is the biggest reason for Gamefly, I generally only buy games that I know that I will love. But there are a lot of games out there that I would like to play but dont want to chance wasting money. Like the new AvP game that came out for example.

That is the biggest reason for Gamefly, I generally only buy games that I know that I will love. But there are a lot of games out there that I would like to play but dont want to chance wasting money. Like the new AvP game that came out for example.
i tried the demo for AvP and didnt like it. I usually try the demo on xbox if there is one out.

Back