Buzz Kill

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a 289 is a high revving, wide band engine that gets excellent efficiency ratings. The uneducated and inexperienced person laughs that suggestion off.

Fuel injection has it's benefits, but with the 289 its like a 10 or so hp (or 1 or 2 mpg) difference.

this is just wrong in so many ways
at least make it a fuel injected 302

i have yet to find a motor with strong enough rods to compress water 11:1 without making pretzels out of them

Well hell, why not a 331?

Oh fuck it, Jamie... throw in a ford 427 cobra jet engine.

well I got off the phone with the claims dept... they are going to give it to an adjuster and they will give me a call with in 2 hours :squint:

Damn that's nice. Less than half of my deductible.

you guys have no idea how happy this makes me and I can take it to a BMW dealership where they will warranty their work for as long as I have the car!! I also have rental car coverage :D woo woo!!! rental cars are teh fun & I dont have to drive my dad's vette... (IMO I think they are WAY over rated)

Depends on the Vette. The 2001 Z06 is fairly badass, and don't get me started on the LS2 and LS7.

so whats the cause of the motor failure with no intake? you drove into a lake?

So the aftermarket intake was installed improperly and hydrolocked your engine? And the warranty is still covering the work of the tool who installed the intake bassackwards? wtf?

So the aftermarket intake was installed improperly and hydrolocked your engine? And the warranty is still covering the work of the tool who installed the intake bassackwards? wtf?
eh? intakes + water don't mix
short rams are cool, but cold air intakes have ruined more motors than I can count, and those are just local people

I was like... there was a "big splash"... "big slash"
ah hahahhahaa
god bless your insruance agent

Ooooh "Cold Air Water Injection Intake" I gotcha :D
I thought someone plumbed a vacuum line to a coolant supply.

eh? intakes + water don't mix
short rams are cool, but cold air intakes have ruined more motors than I can count, and those are just local people

ah hahahhahaa
god bless your insruance agent

yea the adjuster was a chick so I was like... lets see if I can play dumb on this one :D

I can't wait to get the CAI out of my car so I can put in this SRI and not worry as much about going through shallow puddles.

It's ok. Really. I drove my B16 thru a lake and it still lives... however... there's a looooooong story that goes with it, but I'm thankful it's alive... otherwise I'd be a pole dancer in Las Vegas with fake titties and... wait... why didn't I let it die? You know, come to think of it... I can't even kill that motor. I've put it through HELL and it still lives. WTF.

No, really though... it's not fun... I was very lucky i wasn't romping on it. Well, I'm glad you got it all worked out, Jamie. ;)

Back