1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CaM GeArS

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by formby, Dec 8, 2004.

1. formby

formby learning in progress

so i got a pair of OBX cam gears for free with out the knowledge that they suck....
    because for some reason the stock ones messed up so i needed a fast fix...i just finished installing them.....but now i am afraid to turn on the motor....i dont want these gears to mess up or the bolts that allow you to tune to slip or something....any advice... should i use red lock tight so nothing happens....i know ill probably wont be able to adjust but i am saving for some TODA or SKUNK 2 gears... please help what should i do?

i'm kind of freeking out :rawr:

2. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

i dont now about trying that setup, but dont waste your money on toda cam gears. you ca get used skunk2s or my favorite, str cam gears, for half the price of new todas. they are sweet but your paying for the jdm name. i know im gonna check shit for this advice but check ebay and maybe you can get a toda set for cheap.

3. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

just tighten them up good and lock tight the screws and adjust every so often

4. formby

formby learning in progress

so i should use lock tight.... blue or the red stuff...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted