Cam Gears

Which cam gears out of the list below would you prefer??

• Skunk 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venom

• A

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by nfn15037@Feb 7 2005, 08:13 PM
Most of the stock hardware on camgears(including Skunk2) well it sucks. Upgrade the hardware even on ahsitty AEM 3 bolt gears and they will never slip or rattle loose.

FWIW, I have been using Fidanza gears for 65k miles or so and have not had a single incident of loosening and the pulley surfaces show no signs of wear.
[post=457602]Quoted post[/post]​

You can run almost any name brand cam gears with upgraded hardware and its guarenteed not to slip. And as long as you take initiative with your engine and keep your eye on things when you're not running the piss out of it, maybe tighten or adjust a few things every now-and-then, you might even be able to run stock hardware. But I'd recomend upgrading the hardware also.

whats going on every one?

well i have a set of str cam gears. i do not know how many paople are still using them still but i have yet to have any problem with them.

Ive got a set of skunk 2's. took all them out, loc-tit'd them all, and 56,000miles later havent had one problem with them at all.

is there a big difference in anyone's opinion between the new skunk2 pro series and the old skunk2 cam gears?

I found a guy on HT selling the pro series gears for $200 shipped

thinking about getting those

I just looked at Skunk 2's website, and the ones they got on there, are the only ones I have ever seen. I was never aware they made 2 different kinds(if they do). I dont think there is such thing as a new set, i think they have always been the same.
200 bucks is alright, I got mine for real cheap, cause I work at a shop.

Back