Cam & Timing Belt Install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Hey I have my h22 waiting for all my new goodies before i drop it in and i was wondering how hard it is to install cams and a timing built on it! Could someone walk me through the steps on how to do it... I could always get a helms manual but i thought i would give this a shot! Also what do you set the gears at when your running stock internals??? Any info would be greatly apprecitated! thank you

dyno tune it to find the proper cam timing... every engine is different.. but usually advancing the intake and retarding the exhaust benefits n/a engines the best.

to install cams... take everything out and lay the pieces like they were on the head so you dont misplace anything... then put the new cams in.. put everything back.. adjust the valves and you're good to go... dont lose the key that holds the cams to the cam gears...

the timing belt.. loosen the tensioner....make sure everything is at TDC.... then slide the belt on and tighten the tensioner

Just make sure you take your time and organize everything when it is off so you don't mix shit up.

As far as tuning goes, i agree with Pills, every motor is different. There is no best setting for cam gears, VAFC, VTEC crossover, etc...good luck.

Milan

Hey dohc what did you have for mods! I want to know if that will work with what i have planned! AEM CAI, alum fly, skunk 2 cam gears, fuel rail, dc header, ect ect!

I've pretty much got the basic stuff for my engine....JDM H22, intake, cam gears, exhaust, stock header, p/s and a/c removed, clutch and aluminum flywheel.

Back