1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I swap a F22B1 into a 91 Integra GS

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Accord2Integra, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Accord2Integra

Accord2Integra Junior Member

I have a 97' Accord Ex and I want to purchase a 91' Integra GS with 130,000 miles. I know this sounds like I'm taking two steps back but I have my reasons. Anyway, I don't know jack about swaps, so please help!! I guess the Accord is a F22A1 SOHC w/ VTEC and the Integra is a B18A1 DOHC w/o VTEC (assuming the engines posted in the REFERENCE section of this site are correct). Is this possible? If so what problems may I expect to encounter?
    Thank You for your expertise!!!!

2. haccord141

haccord141 Senior Member

why in gods name do you want to swap an f22. get a new b18 and turbo the futha.

3. Accord2Integra

Accord2Integra Junior Member

Because I already have the F22, and I'm not looking for max power just a cheap, reliable replacement with somewhat decent power.

4. 96coupeb18

96coupeb18 Senior Member

Dont do it, the F22 weighs more and you will not be happy, you would have to change alot of crap, i.e. shifter, linkage, ecu, build a B18 and be happy

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

First off, this is in the wrong forum. Moving....

This swap is definitely not worth it. You'd have to convert the OBD mess. You'd have to deal with the added weight. You'd have to deal with the lifelessness of the F22 (by the way, an F22A1 never came in a 97 Accord. You've probably got an F22B1). Rebuild the B18 you've got in there, you'll spend lots less and have a better performing car.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted