Can I swap a F22B1 into a 91 Integra GS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accord2Integra

I have a 97' Accord Ex and I want to purchase a 91' Integra GS with 130,000 miles. I know this sounds like I'm taking two steps back but I have my reasons. Anyway, I don't know jack about swaps, so please help!! I guess the Accord is a F22A1 SOHC w/ VTEC and the Integra is a B18A1 DOHC w/o VTEC (assuming the engines posted in the REFERENCE section of this site are correct). Is this possible? If so what problems may I expect to encounter?
Thank You for your expertise!!!!

Originally posted by Accord2Integra@Oct 26 2003, 12:40 PM
I have a 97' Accord Ex and I want to purchase a 91' Integra GS with 130,000 miles. I know this sounds like I'm taking two steps back but I have my reasons. Anyway, I don't know jack about swaps, so please help!! I guess the Accord is a F22A1 SOHC w/ VTEC and the Integra is a B18A1 DOHC w/o VTEC (assuming the engines posted in the REFERENCE section of this site are correct). Is this possible? If so what problems may I expect to encounter?
Thank You for your expertise!!!!

why in gods name do you want to swap an f22. get a new b18 and turbo the futha.

Because I already have the F22, and I'm not looking for max power just a cheap, reliable replacement with somewhat decent power.

Dont do it, the F22 weighs more and you will not be happy, you would have to change alot of crap, i.e. shifter, linkage, ecu, build a B18 and be happy

First off, this is in the wrong forum. Moving....

This swap is definitely not worth it. You'd have to convert the OBD mess. You'd have to deal with the added weight. You'd have to deal with the lifelessness of the F22 (by the way, an F22A1 never came in a 97 Accord. You've probably got an F22B1). Rebuild the B18 you've got in there, you'll spend lots less and have a better performing car.

Back