Can I Use My 92 Si Ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 92 civic si and want to put in a b16a2 and i have a queston about the ecu
1. can i use my 92 si ecu with the b16a2 engine
2. is there a pin for the knock sensor on the 92si ecu
3. is there a wire harnes that will plug into the 92 wire harness and then plug in the b16a2 ecu?

thanks in advance for any help
sirkurtius

no.
no.
and no.

well not without some extra things.
you can convert the engine to obd1 by getting new injectors and an obd1 dist. and using your si harness, running the knock sensor wire to a p30. or you can chip the p28 and use that to run the b16a2 after you convert it to obd1

this all assumes you are talking about the 99-00 civic Si engine

Originally posted by sirkurtius@Mar 9 2003, 11:26 AM
i have a 92 civic si and want to put in a b16a2 and i have a queston about the ecu
1. can i use my 92 si ecu with the b16a2 engine
2. is there a pin for the knock sensor on the 92si ecu
3. is there a wire harnes that will plug into the 92 wire harness and then plug in the b16a2 ecu?

thanks in advance for any help
sirkurtius

1- Yes, if you have it reprogrammed for DOHC Specs.
2- No, the P28 ecu does not look for a knock sensor. Don't worry about it.
3- No, use your 92Si (P28) ecu and have it reprogrammed.

Since it would seem you are installing a 99-00 Si engine, I suggest you get a 97-01 Type R, or 96-01 GSR engine harness. This will make life MUCH easier, and have that Si ecu (p28) reworked for DOHC specs.

Need more info? PM or e-mail me.

Late.

everybody says you HAVE to have the p28 chipped, so not true, im running a stock p28 ecu on my h22a, granted im running lean, but thats why im getting hondata ;)

the p28 has a rev limiter at 7600 rpm. the b16 does not make make its peak power til like 8000+ rpm.

you can drive around w/ a p28 running it for a while, but if you want to go fast then you need to proper ecu. simple as that.

thank u for all your help guys
i have a question about a the wire harness, i have been looking on the net and see a wire harness to convert obd2 to obd1 ecu from skunk2 is there verson to do the oposite?
and yes it will be a 99-00 si engine

i dont believe that anyone makes once since OBD 1 is much more preferred to obd2.

if at all possible i would convert your engine to obd1

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Mar 10 2003, 04:14 PM
it can be programmed to DOHC specs. but you will still have to convert the engine to obd1

Sorry, but you are wrong.

You do not have to convert anything if the engine is being installed in a 92-95 Civic.

cool i stand corrected then.. i thought i read/heard that somewhere. thanks for correcting me.

ive done the same swap... you can use your old harness from the 92 si which will be easier... distributor, and injectors... just chipp the ecu or get a 94 95 gsr or a p30 ecu and your ready... you'll probably need a gsr mount also

ive done the same swap... you can use your old harness from the 92 si which will be easier... distributor, and injectors... just chipp the ecu or get a 94 95 gsr or a p30 ecu and your ready... you'll probably need a gsr mount also

Posted on Mar 12 2003, 02:59 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"ive done the same swap... you can use your old harness from the 92 si which will be easier... distributor, and injectors... just chipp the ecu or get a 94 95 gsr or a p30 ecu and your ready... you'll probably need a gsr mount also"

are you saying i can use a 94-95 gsr ecu? or engine?
and does a p30 ecu plug into the 92 si wire harness for use with a b16a2 engine?
what model is the p30 ecu from?

yes you can use the 94-95 gsr ecu...it will plug right in with your 92 harness... and also a p30 ecu which is from a doch vtec del sol...

Originally posted by sirkurtius@Mar 12 2003, 03:08 PM
Posted on Mar 12 2003, 02:59 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"ive done the same swap... you can use your old harness from the 92 si which will be easier... distributor, and injectors... just chipp the ecu or get a 94 95 gsr or a p30 ecu and your ready... you'll probably need a gsr mount also"

are you saying i can use a 94-95 gsr ecu? or engine?
and does a p30 ecu plug into the 92 si wire harness for use with a b16a2 engine?
what model is the p30 ecu from?

Please don't listen to this person....

A 94-95 GSR engine harness will NOT work, and if this person HAD done the swap he would know this.

1- The injector plugs are different
2- The EVAP uses a different plug and is in a different location
3- The distributor plugs are different

This also goes for a 94-95 delSol DOHC VTEC engine harness

What you need, and I said it before is this...

"Since it would seem you are installing a 99-00 Si engine, I suggest you get a 97-01 Type R, or 96-01 GSR engine harness. This will make life MUCH easier."

Even MORE rare, is the 96-97 delSol DOHC VTEC engine harness. If you can find one of these, this would be perfect. But the ITR harness is more of a reality.

Yes, a 94-95 delSol DOHC VTEC P30 ecu plugs right in your harness, but why spend the extra money for a stock ecu when you can get a chipped one for less money??

Street price of a P30 = $275-300

Street price of a chipped P28 = $225-250

Back