Can some one lend me 18k??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smonkeyboy

please.

Mazdaspeed Protege on E-Bay

e8_3.JPG

d5_3.JPG

- Turbo compressor
- 1,991 cc 2 liters in-line 4 front engine with 83 mm bore, 92 mm stroke, 9.1 compression ratio, double overhead cam and four valves per cylinder
- Premium unleaded fuel
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 30 and EPA city (mpg): 24
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 14.5 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 127 kW , 170 HP SAE @ 6,000 rpm; 160 ft lb , 217 Nm @ 3,500 rpm

Now I could be blind...but I see no snail residing in this engine bay. IBi'mprovenblind
2b_3.JPG

hmmm, i don't like those wheels. and that motor is only rated at 170hp and 160 ft/lbs? that's pretty shitty for a turbo motor. i make that much all motor. personally i think i could spend the 18k in a much more efficient way.

The words 'never been raced' in an auction are the first signs that a car has been ragged on.

Originally posted by lude9593@Apr 4 2005, 01:14 AM
hmmm, i don't like those wheels. and that motor is only rated at 170hp and 160 ft/lbs? that's pretty shitty for a turbo motor. i make that much all motor. personally i think i could spend the 18k in a much more efficient way.
[post=482404]Quoted post[/post]​

yea, you could make much more power than that NA, but you gotta compare the power curves. And with factory turbos, its easy to turn the boost up safely and put down nice numbers if the chip is done right.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Apr 4 2005, 02:34 AM
yea, you could make much more power than that NA, but you gotta compare the power curves. And with factory turbos, its easy to turn the boost up safely and put down nice numbers if the chip is done right.
[post=482432]Quoted post[/post]​

or have the turbo ported, upgrade the injectors, turn up the boost, and tune just a tad and have even better numbers.

i've seen a few of those things at autox, and they really don't perform well at all. sooo much body roll, underpowered, and just in general, a big ass car.

not worth 18k at all IMO

The Protege has always been a piece of shit car. My dad have one back in the day and it lasted maybe 5 years. The thing just fell apart.

Originally posted by ascout91@Apr 4 2005, 01:13 AM
wait, nevermind...it's piped the turbo is just well hidden.
[post=482403]Quoted post[/post]​

i was going to say, its turboed from the factory. two of my friends have them. i personally dont like them but they say their fun. and its not worth 18k either.

def not worth 18k, i remember when they first came out when my mom bought her Tribute, i drove one, and the sticker was 20k... i will say this though, they handle pretty good, the interior is awesome and the sound system is great.

hmm.... i thought they were quite stiff for a factory fo-do. and the power sucks as of restrictive IC and Exhaust. FMIC, TurboBack exhaust, and a boost controller and you are goin. i think the stock boost setting is 6 or 7 psi. and can be safely bumped to 11-12.

Turbo has a project speed protege. the used Ion Performance (not saturn ion) put on a fmic, intake, turbo exhaust and one-piece DP, boost controller (set at 10.29 psi) and came out with 220whp. not too bad for under under 2 grand.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 4 2005, 08:48 AM
i've seen a few of those things at autox, and they really don't perform well at all. sooo much body roll, underpowered, and just in general, a big ass car.

not worth 18k at all IMO
[post=482482]Quoted post[/post]​

ive been to all of our events but two and never seen one. :shrug2:

I'm with Scott on this one, those cars are sweet. They handle as good as or better than an Integra Type-R and come with an awesome limited slip. Plus, like stated before, that motor is severely bottlenecked by the IC and it's plumbing along with a peashooter exhaust. They make decent power when the boost is upped as well.

Don't listen to B, he's probably doing his usual armchair analysis. :D

hehe, i forgot about how cool that diff was.

its just fun to say...... Tochigi Fuji Limited-Slip Differential....

.... that just sounds fast

Back