Capital F to Modesto Mazda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EXtremeAccord

Thank you, Modesto Mazda, for paying me a total of 700 dollars in a month for a combined 160 hours of time spent and 2.5 cars sold for $545 commission (which wasn't even calculated into my pay for the month.)

I quit because my stereotypical Polish manager is a stereotypical Pollack... because Mazda's are horribly overly-unique cars... and because the man who does the least work gets paid the most.

I quit my job. Selling cars is for people with severe mental deficiencies.

I'd rather work at McDonald's. But for now, I'm going to try and be a tool bitch for the local Honda's Only auto shop or something the like.

Send your donations to [email dahniel8d@hotmail.com for address] so I can build a device to extinguish the plague that is Steve (Polish last name).

I calculated... 140 hours for the three weeks I actually got paid for. I sold 2.5 cars for a total of $545 in commission gross. My first week and a half's pay was 323.21 and this most recent check for 2 weeks was 342.28. The first check I can understand, as I hadn't sold any cars yet. But this last paycheck I just got shafted out of 900 bucks. I did some calculations and it added up to getting paid $2.36 an hour for that two weeks... yeah...

you shouldnt of quit just like that, you should of gone to your boss, explained the whole situation and then youll get your answer. quiting because your butt hurt about what could of been a mistake is kinda dumb. just my perspective.

No mistake. I had called and asked after I quit and they said that's normal.... for this particular dealership. 70% of first-of-the-month check is held until the mid-month check, which they then take out 30% of for taxes. I told them "Regardless, what I see is that I'm getting paid less than minimum wage, when my boss just got a check for 5000 dollars because of the cars I sold... I want all the money due to me by tomorrow or my lawyer uncle is going to be up your guys' ass."

I also spent the day asking around at other dealerships in town, and they all make a set salary PLUS the commission from sales. As opposed to Modesto Mazda's policy of "Minimum wage OR commission, whichever the greater." Considering this is the only dealership that does it, I'm sure there's something non-legal going down.

That's the nature of selling cars... the long hours and working hard for a sale. Could your commissions have been split with another salesman? Well that is why there is such a high turnover rate among the salestaff at dealerships.

<------ Sold Hondas for six months.

we pay our workers a few weeks behind so if you worked the first week of dec you wouldnt see that money till the 3rd week.

maybe you have another check coming?

I want all the money due to me by tomorrow or my lawyer uncle is going to be up your guys' ass."

you're a fucking tard dude...

its only normal for there to be lag time between waged hours and the time you get paid for those hours, and even more lapse for any commissions earned...

and you could have tried to improve your selling skills to earn more money, and thats the whole idea behind commission, you make less than minimum wage unless you bust your ass and do a good job...

oh, and good job quitting BEFORE you had another job lined up, you obviously have no financial responsibilities, or at least i hope for your sake that you don;t

you = retard

edit:
the man who does the least work gets paid the most.

he also has the most responsibility, hence the most money...

Nobody ever said selling cars was easy. Cars are one of the most difficult things to make a living selling. You really need to rethink your priorities and probably pull your head out of your back pocket before moving on with your life.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 8 2004, 07:15 AM

oh, and good job quitting BEFORE you had another job lined up, you obviously have no financial responsibilities, or at least i hope for your sake that you don;t

[post=428397]Quoted post[/post]​

Funny you mention that...

Kcihcaton saw the paperwork, and none of that "week ahead" or whatever stuff was applied. It showed 122 hours worked and 545 bucks commission, they did some crazy math on my pay stub BY HAND and I end up with 342 dollars. And I'm not a fucktard, I just get reeeeal irrational when a Polish guy that does nothing but walk between the GSM and my office gets a 5000 dollar paycheck.

Is it fair? No. Can you do anything about it? No. He's gonna get 5k no matter how irrational you get. No job you hold down anywhere is going to look "fair" from the bottom up. I will agree that your check does seem a bit low. Have you contacted your local labor bureau's office?

I dunno about california, but oregon has BOLI - Bureau of Labor and Industry. It's a state bureau that ensures fair treatment of workers regarding wages and hours. Look up California Labor Bureau on google and see what comes up.

Yeah, I work in a payroll department, so I fancy myself a bit of an expert on legality of wages.

set salary PLUS commission = 1 dollar an hour plus your commission...

set salary doesn;t mean DICk when dealing with commission

sounds like the mazda place has the better policy unless you can show me that the other dealerships had salary's for bottom level salesman of over minimum wage...

70% of first-of-the-month check is held until the mid-month check

seems like you just had to wait for the funds... thats not very unusual... considering it takes the dealership time to even get the funds for the cars sold...

are your calculations right here?
you worked 140 hours in 3 weeks?

and how the fuck do you sell half a car?
LMAO

:lol:

Back