Capital F to Modesto Mazda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How much waitering experience do you have? I learned at a Japanese restaurant, but the Marriott and Westin Hotel gigs were the best. And if you can get fulltime status, they offer decent benefits of all kinds.... unlike a Red Lobster.

i work in a resturant at the age of 18 i was a waiter and a damn good one at that i would make an average of 150-200 thurs-sunday with less than 4-5 hrs put in great gig but after servering and putting up with all those asses i would never go back.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 8 2004, 02:10 AM
you shouldnt of quit just like that, you should of gone to your boss, explained the whole situation and then youll get your answer. quiting because your butt hurt about what could of been a mistake is kinda dumb. just my perspective.
[post=428267]Quoted post[/post]​

Loss of a good reference.

Oh my goodness. I used to work at Modesto Mazda myself and had never had that kind of problem. EX, do you live around Modesto? Maybe we could hang out some time. Maybe talk about the car biz or something.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Dec 8 2004, 02:17 AM
That's the nature of selling cars... the long hours and working hard for a sale. Could your commissions have been split with another salesman? Well that is why there is such a high turnover rate among the salestaff at dealerships.

<------ Sold Hondas for six months.
[post=428274]Quoted post[/post]​

Obviously you know but its like that in any sales field, until you find a place you like and work your way to the top. Most of the time if you're a good salesman it won't matter where you are, you'll make the same money...but after your billing list is up to a million bucks and you're making a good 100-500k then you'll stick around and not want an entry salary anymore. :p

Sales reps where I work make a fat salary + commision, don't know how much the commission is, but I don't wager its that big.

Originally posted by EXtremeAccord@Dec 8 2004, 02:37 PM
Yes on the funny. And I suck at selling cars. I'm going to go into the whole waiter/host scene...
[post=428597]Quoted post[/post]​

Let me tell you from experience, unless the place you work out TIPS OUT the host...its shit pay. Cakewalk job, but shit pay.

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Dec 8 2004, 04:41 PM
Sales reps where I work make a fat salary + commision, don't know how much the commission is, but I don't wager its that big.
[post=428722]Quoted post[/post]​

How it works is you normally start at base salary.

Base salary can vary however due to your qualifications and how much you actually ask for.

I know at Cablevision in New Jersey, base salary for a salesmen to sell cable advertising ranges from 25-35k. Some people are smart and ask for the 35k, others arent so smart and settle for the 25k...of course they don't know that people starting after them may actually start out making up to 10k a year more than them on base salary.

You also start off with a small billing list that is normally given to you by the company, after they take some clients off the major salesmen billing lists...keep in mind most salesmen don't want to give any of their clients up so you're probably going to get shitty clients and sniff out your own leads to find new ones.

Commission is 30% on all sales but for Cablevision you're responsible to collect. Its like this at a lot of places which is really a pain in the ass because if you have a bad client, even if he has a good past history...say if his business is doing poorly and going belly up, you have to deal with all the legal and lawyer BS.

Anyway, commission stays the same the entire time you're there but salary increases yearly until it finally is capped out. By the time salary is capped out, you should have worked up a clientelle so that your billing list is large enough that your base salary is nothing compared to your sales. Until you do that, you might as well go from place to place while maintaining good business relations just to get the experience because the pay is going to be similiar everywhere.

Back